Spark arrestor removal

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yuana

Reaction score
Would it hurt the bike in any way if I remove the spark arrestor. I tried it allready and it was very easy to remove and it sounded a little better (not to of the line for sound but it will do for now).

Just need your opinion about this.

Well that everything catches fire because of me is not a problem. I'll be front page NEWS!!
But I am in my breaking in period and that also wouldn't be a problem?

If your jetting is already borderline lean then pulling the arrestor will make it too lean, but if the bike is jetted correctly now then you won't have any problems.

I woudn't take it out....unless you really want to burn down your favoite riding area...it does nothing for performance, get an aftermarket pipe with a spark arrestor, then you'll notice an increase in power and a good deep sound. Just my $0.02

I never saw a 4 stroke shoot sparks from the exhaust. Flames occur sometimes when they're not running right, but the spark arrestor doesn't do **** for flames anyways. I took the spark arrestor out of my stock exhuast, and don't run the spark arrestor in my hmf. Never did I or anybody I was riding with see a spark.

when i had my arestor out on my stock pipe,i had the e-brake on by accident. the bake actually held on even though the switch was off. it limits the rpm to around 2000 and it blew out some serious flames. finally we figured it out the the assembly got stuck and all went went. thats the only time ive seen it.

I only took it out to have more sound till I have my new pipe. I need the sound for onroad riding because in December people here on the Island drive like crazy and if they don't hear you coming they WILL smash into you.
After December I don't mind putting it back in but I think I'll just leave it out till the pipe is here.

Latest posts

Back