source coil and pickup coil ohms reading problem

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

warrior stu

Reaction score
i have purchased and sent back 4 stators and pickups i'm on my 5th one what i'm wondering is what ohms readings have you all got from your stator and pickup coils? The service manual says the source coil should be 270 - 330 ohms x100 and the pickup coil should be 171 - 209 ohms x100

the readings i'm getting vary but are manly 500 ohms x100 on the source coil
and just above 300 ohms x100 on the pickup coil

so what i'm asking is are thees numbers right and do those of you who have purchased one from e bay have you got the same numbers this will help me now if my CDI has gone out or i need to send the stator back and yes i still don't have spark

i have tried switching the wires and nothing i'm just at a lost

I was having the same issue readings were way higher than normal but as soon as I switched the 2 wires around in the plug for the source coil she fired right up and has been running fine ever since

yep but my meter could have been bad haven't tried a new meter yet but it runs great and thats good enough for me lol

ok cool that means that my cdi is gone crap grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr ok thanks man for the help

What color was the two wires I switched the two pickups around is this the same thing

Looking for some advice and knowledge, I have an 87 Warrior with a bad CDI Box. Due to the age it's hard to find a used one and new ones when you find them are expensive so I was looking to update it with a Newer CDI from Mid to late 90's model Warrior. The 87 has more wires then the newer ones I wasn't sure if there's a way to splice some wires together to make it work any advice would be Appreciated
Thanks

Latest posts

Back