Slow build

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
0727B8A7-5EC2-429D-81AA-ACFFE7EB4BFA.jpegD0460296-79AC-4957-B879-2628DD9B7E05.jpeg37181A7E-20C7-4511-B38B-03197811AFE6.jpeg
First family wheeling trip. Was a great time. Warrior ran great with zero issues. No sputtering or bogging. Need to come back just myself and push it harder but I did get a couple of quick slides in. Chain needs to be replaced as it’s slapping around pretty bad. Good day. Now to break out the pressure washer.

Nothing major. Order a new chain and sprockets because the stock chain has seen better days. Kept stock gearing size for the moment until I get a little more comfortable with the bike.

Finally got the new chain and sprockets on. Old stuff was worn flat out. Need to buy a new roller and chain guide as those are also worn out to the point of non existence.

Attachments

• IMG_9845.jpeg
    IMG_9845.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_9846.jpeg
    IMG_9846.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_9848.jpeg
    IMG_9848.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_9849.jpeg
    IMG_9849.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
New top and bottom roller and lower chain guide. Now to buy the roller on the swing arm. Not looking forward to that. IMG_9870.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_9871.jpeg
    IMG_9871.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 0
IMG_0016.jpeg
Wrapped the exhaust pipe. My 3yo was complaining about it being hot on his feet when he rides around with me and I don’t like getting my hand that close to a hot pipe to shift gears.

Heading to hidden falls for some wheeling. Should be interesting. My buddy is taking his rzr and I’m taking this.
IMG_0019.jpeg

Ended up being a great ride and my first time to really push the bike. It performed fantastically. Went every where I sent it and without complaint. IMG_0026.jpeg
With that said, I’m on the fence about selling it. Pulled the trigger on a 4 seat rzr and trying to decide if I want to keep it or let someone else enjoy it.

Ended up being a great ride and my first time to really push the bike. It performed fantastically. Went every where I sent it and without complaint. View attachment 5279
With that said, I’m on the fence about selling it. Pulled the trigger on a 4 seat rzr and trying to decide if I want to keep it or let someone else enjoy it.
Keep it. I've been in the same spot and it was good to have the warrior to take out and blast around every once in awhile.

Not much to update here. Fired it up and drove it around for the first time in 5mo. Fired first push of the button and drove around great. Still need to replace the chain guide on the swing arm.

I want to do something to the bike though. Nothing crazy as I don't do any racing or anything but just something to enhance it. Thoughts? I think it's got plenty of power. Maybe something in the steering or suspension?

I was in a similar spot with mine when I bought it. Plenty of power but beeded a little something special. Pipe filter and tune were already done.
Ergonomics and quality of life stuff are super underrated and make a big difference.
Bars with less sweep so they aren't hitting your thighs when you are leaning, good grips and pegs, and a direct shifter are all cheap, easy, and make a big difference in how the machine feels.
This time of year better lighting is a great thing for rides that go a little longer than planned, and can be a style change too.
Noticed the seat cover is torn, you can get custom covers cheap and it's not too hard to change, again a way you could personalize the look of the machine.
Suspension mods can make a world of difference but this is where you start going from cheap and easy to expensive or/and custom.
Making the machine more comfortable rather than more fast will actually make it alot easier to use the power you have, making you faster anyways. And even if it doesn't, keeping yourself from getting wore out half way through a ride or sore the next day is always a welcome improvement

Not much to update here. Fired it up and drove it around for the first time in 5mo. Fired first push of the button and drove around great. Still need to replace the chain guide on the swing arm.

I want to do something to the bike though. Nothing crazy as I don't do any racing or anything but just something to enhance it. Thoughts? I think it's got plenty of power. Maybe something in the steering or suspension?
Definitely some +2 a arms.

I was in a similar spot with mine when I bought it. Plenty of power but beeded a little something special. Pipe filter and tune were already done.
Ergonomics and quality of life stuff are super underrated and make a big difference.
Bars with less sweep so they aren't hitting your thighs when you are leaning, good grips and pegs, and a direct shifter are all cheap, easy, and make a big difference in how the machine feels.
This time of year better lighting is a great thing for rides that go a little longer than planned, and can be a style change too.
Noticed the seat cover is torn, you can get custom covers cheap and it's not too hard to change, again a way you could personalize the look of the machine.
Suspension mods can make a world of difference but this is where you start going from cheap and easy to expensive or/and custom.
Making the machine more comfortable rather than more fast will actually make it alot easier to use the power you have, making you faster anyways. And even if it doesn't, keeping yourself from getting wore out half way through a ride or sore the next day is always a welcome improvement
I’ve got a seat cover sitting in the shop for it. Just haven’t sat down to actually do it because I truthfully don’t want to do it haha.

Bars are where I get lose because there are just so many freaking options out there. I don’t even know where to start.

Got a direct shifter already. That was nice.

Lights are a good thought. Have to look into some of those.

For bars unless you are changing the stem the warrior uses a 7/8 bar.
I had where the height and width felt fine but the sweep angle back is just too much. I wound up with pro taper "raptor bend" and it's the same height and width as stock just with less sweep.
The wrists feel alot more natural now and the bars aren't getting in the space where I'm trying to counterweight on tight turns
Also, yeah a arms for sure. If your stock shocks are still good I'll throw a mention to drw performance for their rear link. That thing made a bigger difference than I expected for the rear suspension

Back