site suggestions

Discussion in 'Site News, Help & Feedback' started by MS_Warrior, Jun 11, 2013.

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

1. Jun 11, 2013 #1

MS_Warrior

MS_Warrior

MS_Warrior

I think it would be a good idea to make a dedicated site suggestions only board. Admin should read and take into consideration what is said there.... I belong to a few other site's and they all have them and run very well. These past couple of days have been crazy here the past couple days. I have been in the mix of some of it and I am not sorry. There are alot of members here and this is by far the biggest Warrior/Raptor site. But the among many problems I feel the biggest is the fact that Admin does what he wants shuts down threads at will and is just basically a bully on here flexing his pointer finger. This should be a member driven place and not what other out side factor. I have been part of this place for a while and will always be here. I have learned alot from here and no where else.... That being said maybe restricting new members from posting as soon as they join to like they need to stick around for a couple weeks before they can have full access to the site? On 3wheelerword you have to be a member for 2 months and have 10 posts in the newb section before you can see the classifieds on post anywhere outside of the newb section. You can still brows everything you just cant post. It works well and makes you really vest into the site instead of just getting on to ask a redundant question that can be answered with a simple search. I have some other ideas as do you all. But all in all this place should be member driven not admin driven. Just my .02

2. Jun 11, 2013 #2

oldwarriorrider

oldwarriorrider

oldwarriorrider

I agree, there are lots of forums that have a newbie section and that's the only place you can post until you pass your probation period. If yfm had one, we could have dumped alex along time ago!:haha::nanner::haha::nanner:

3. Jun 11, 2013 #3

MS_Warrior

MS_Warrior

MS_Warrior

hahahah

4. Jun 11, 2013 #4

Gen1Pat

Gen1Pat

Gen1Pat

Yeah man, 3WW is the shit!

5. Jun 11, 2013 #5

MS_Warrior

MS_Warrior

MS_Warrior

Yes it is.... They are the most hardcore followers of anything i have ever seen. And the site has been around forever. They dont seem to have the problems we see here.

6. Jun 11, 2013 #6

Gen1Pat

Gen1Pat

Gen1Pat

Agreed^^^. And, man, you wana talk about informative!

7. Jun 11, 2013 #7

MS_Warrior

MS_Warrior

MS_Warrior

Yup. but as a new member if you want any info you must search for it. It keeps all the BS down and is a very friendly place. I love this place just as much as the next guy and will do anything in my power to help keep it alive... But we (YFM350.com) need more mods and people from different view points running it. This place has a legendary following and I dont wanna hinder that in anyway. But we need some up dates to keep it great.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2013
  8. Jun 11, 2013 #8

'00 WO-YA!

'00 WO-YA!

'00 WO-YA!

Shenandoah Valley, between the Blue Ridge mountain
    Sounds like a good suggestion. It might cut down on activity but mostly unnecessary activity. Before I ever became a member here I used google for many of the questions I had. Most of the time it lead me here and I found what I needed without posting a new topic. It amazes me how many people will"Google" stuff everyday but won't use a forum search engine.

9. Jun 11, 2013 #9

lbjamm

lbjamm

lbjamm

I totally agree. People need to use the search function. I still use it here and on the other forums I belong to.

10. Jun 11, 2013 #10

b_700x

b_700x

b_700x

Administrator

Great suggestions guys, thanks for the input. I don't have time right this minute to compile a better post, but I will definitely follow up tomorrow with another post.

Thanks again.

11. Jun 11, 2013 #11

MS_Warrior

MS_Warrior

MS_Warrior

See now this could work......

12. Jun 11, 2013 #12

MS_Warrior

MS_Warrior

MS_Warrior

Instant gratification..... unfortunately its what this computer age is all about.

13. Jun 11, 2013 #13

'00 WO-YA!

'00 WO-YA!

'00 WO-YA!

Shenandoah Valley, between the Blue Ridge mountain
    No denying that Levi. I understand when people are in a pinch sometimes, we all have tinges when we need a quick answer. In those times I txt or call good buddies (Warlords), lol!

14. Jun 11, 2013 #14

jeffsyfm350x

jeffsyfm350x

jeffsyfm350x

Right on!!

15. Jun 11, 2013 #15

MS_Warrior

MS_Warrior

MS_Warrior

Oh ya for sure.... Me and Pat were on the phone for over an hour last night talking about it. People get in a hurry and want an answer now.... I'm guilty as charged. But a bike that has been around for 26 years and a site that's been around as long as here has a pretty good chance it's all been discussed before. This place as Pat pointed out has a very good advanced search function but most people not all don't use it. There are not many new symptoms that come up that we haven't all ready talked at least one member through.

16. Jun 11, 2013 #16

jeffsyfm350x

jeffsyfm350x

jeffsyfm350x

If its something I dont know one of my buddys dont I google it 99% of the time you can find the answer if not i go on here or another site.. Theres a tons of kids on here and they just want a quick answer and then be done with the site which is bull shit!

17. Jun 11, 2013 #17

american opel

american opel

american opel

i really don't have any say so on this forum but i agree.i am soo sick of wasting my time telling people how to check there battery,yes that's a cool winch,yes you need to check your jet's after a big mod.

i am 40year's old and to most atv forum's that's old.i would really like to start a sight that is 20 and over.there are too many kid's trying to figure out how to fix a quad and don't even know what a wrench is.maybe they need to find a father figure to help them,or just get out there and talk to ther friend's.

the one good thing is atleast they are out there and not sitting on the x box!!!!!

18. Jun 11, 2013 #18

MS_Warrior

MS_Warrior

MS_Warrior

Hence a probation period. If they want an answer them must search.

19. Jun 11, 2013 #19

jeffsyfm350x

jeffsyfm350x

jeffsyfm350x

I Agree!

20. Jun 12, 2013 #20

b_700x

b_700x

b_700x

Administrator

Well, that's what the 'feedback' portion of this forum is exactly for. And I do read any and all suggestions, and consider them. Just like when everyone wanted the 'build progress logs' forum. Enough people wanted it, so we made it happen.

Really? I honestly had no idea anyone felt that way. Of course I will close or delete (in rare cases, and always for spam) a thread if it's only going to cause problems, but that's the job of any Admin/Mod. If they don't even do that, then what's the point in having them? We have to use our best judgement and decide what is best for the community. And trust me, nothing is ever deleted unless it's filled with flames, bashing, name-calling, etc. If you state your opinion in a respectable way and don't break any rules, I can promise you it will never be deleted. I have always given everyone their say, and if you look around some other forums, I think we're very lenient around here for the most part. I know of some forums that will gvie you infractions, or worse, just for using improper spelling/grammar. I think everyone has it pretty good around here considering. I don't think I've even ever banned more than one or two people on here to this day. So I respectfully disagree that I'm a bully on here. I rarely even post unless there's a problem, but I am on here every day.

Any forum is/should be member-driven. The members contribute, which makes others want to join and become part of the community. It's the 'circle' of a forum's life. I don't see how I've stopped anyone from doing this. I have under 200 posts in three years.. do I really make that big of a presence here, and make it all about MY way? I think we, the Admins and Mods, let you guys do a lot here. Again, in only extreme cases, do we have to actually moderate. All in all, if you don't cause problems here, you'll have a great, long-lasting experience here with few worries. I do wish I could post and join in on the conversation more around here, but I sometimes just don't have the time. I do always take care of my duties as Admin though, to give you guys a smooth-running forum that is free to use, and open 24/7. I answer probably on average about 10-15 emails per day (helping people who forgot their password, or are having trouble registering, or reporting spam, etc.) and also take care of all the backend stuff, like taking daily backups so nothing is lost in the result of a failure, paying the hosting bills, doing updates/upgrades to the forum software, and so on. So yea, would be nice to join-in on the convos sometimes, but you guys do just fine without me. :) And despite popular belief, I have owned two Wariors. I've put more miles on a Warrior than any other ATV I've owned. I'm not just some 'guy in a suit' that knows nothing about ATVs. lol

I appreciate all the input, I really do. I'd like to work with you guys to come up with something that you think would help. I have some issues with restricting posting access for new members though. I'm not sure if that would really help the forum or not. It might make the veterans happy so less newbie questions are posted, but it could also effect the growth of the forum in a negative way I feel. Some people may join, see that they can't post, and then just leave the forum, forgetting all about it. Also, what about the guy that registers, actually does run a search first, but can't find an answer to his specific question? I don't know, it just concerns me in certain aspects. We all may hate redundant questions, especially after we've been here for a long time and have seen it a million times, but at the same time, we've all been a newbie once before, and without newbies, we can't gain veterans down the road.

Give me some time to think about it, and pelase continue to give any ideas you may have, and hopefully we'll come up with something eventually that we all agree can work.

Thanks again guys, appreciate it! :tup: