Semi Elite build need some help

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jnucc

Reaction score
so I am planning on buy this

http://www.ebay.com/itm/161374414454?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

its a 85mm Je piston. I contacted my local machine shop and found a good place to get my cylinder head bored and honed. my problem is i dont know what else i will all need to do in order to get this running right. Will i need a new cam? I know for sure i will most likely need to re jet my carb but i dont know any good jet kits. i see lots of stage 1 cams on ebay but thats it and i dont know if those will be good with this. the compression of the piston is 10.5-1. I also plan on doing a oil cooler instal to help with the extra heat ill gain. my main concern basically is what all should be done in order to get my engine to run top with this size bore. thanks, Joe.

i do realize i will also have to buy a top end gasket kit and stuff.:loco:

Last edited:
so I am planning on buy this

http://www.ebay.com/itm/161374414454?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

its a 85mm Je piston. I contacted my local machine shop and found a good place to get my cylinder head bored and honed. my problem is i dont know what else i will all need to do in order to get this running right. Will i need a new cam? I know for sure i will most likely need to re jet my carb but i dont know any good jet kits. i see lots of stage 1 cams on ebay but thats it and i dont know if those will be good with this. the compression of the piston is 10.5-1. I also plan on doing a oil cooler instal to help with the extra heat ill gain. my main concern basically is what all should be done in order to get my engine to run top with this size bore. thanks, Joe.

i do realize i will also have to buy a top end gasket kit and stuff.:loco:

I have never had a 366 kit but know a few things from people that have had them. You probably should add a cam to get the full effect. And don't waste money on jet kits just get individual jets from your dealer for like 3-5 bucks. And an oil cooler is a must. Some people just do stock bore size high compression pistons so they don't use there whole bore and can still rebuild their motors and create less heat.

Also I don't really like hotcams. If I where to put an aftermarket cam in my warrior I would probably get a webcam or megacycle

Actually, I'm currently running the stage 1 cam and it's probable my second favorite cam grind. Good for a mild motor build, which what it sounds like you're going for. I'd also get a wiseco 11-1 in as close to stock bore as possible over the JE.

Well really I'm just looking for more power. I just want a form that ha the best way to get decently significant power gains

Latest posts

Back