Rear shock

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aces3

Reaction score
Has anyone come up with a rear shock solution? I blew mine out and need a new one.

The only one I've heard of was the WC member that used a raptor 660r shock but if I remember correctly he had to cut out a bit of the toolbox to clear the shock reservoir. I was thinking of trying one out myself but maybe trying to use a heat gun to put an indentation in the tool box to clear the reservoir rather that cutting a hole in it. There sure is a lot of 660r shocks on ebay pretty cheap. All the other OEM shocks I researched from other machines were too short and would limit travel. Or.....drop a grand on an Elka:(

Thanks I bought one off ebay from a dealer very close to me and well the springs is way too stiff and the rear end bounces all over. I'm gonna try and change the springs over from stock to the new one.
I have been looking at the progressive suspension shocks,sent them a email to try and get measurements. still no response.
Yamaha really screwed up. The machine is to light and needs a sport shock even stock the ass of my wolvy got out of controll over bumps.

You bought a raptor shock? Did it fit? I know what ya mean about the stock one, I have elkas on the front and wish I could find something as plush for the rear(but cheaper).200lbs and still get spanked with the rear on softest preload setting. needs better valving.

No, raptor shocks are shorter. I bought one off ebay called out for a wolverine. I found videos on some sites that say use rachet straps to remove springs. Gonna try that and look for a softer spring.

I have a Works aftermarket 400ex shock that I tried a test fitting with and it will work with a small bit of modification on the shock. It is about an inch shorter than the wolverine shock. all that needs to be done is drill out the mounting holes on the shock bigger for the bigger bolt/pin. the top either needs a custom made busing or just drilled out and use some extra washers to center it up. when I get time to do it all I will post some pics.

Hi,I`ve heard you can use a kfx700 rear shock because its the same length eye to eye 17.750

Latest posts

Back