READ FIRST motor, transmission, electrical, intake & exhaust FAQ

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You have to make sure that you do not loose the thrust washers that go on the ends of the trans shafts. They will either stay on the shafts, stay in the cover you remove, or will fall somewhere. There are 6 I believe.

Keeps dying and/or sputtering after starting it: IT AIN'T GOT NO GAS IN IT, to quote the guy from the movie Slingblade.

yeah, also make sure your petcock/fuel valve is in RUN or at least RESERVE. As a noob I make this mistake all the time. I like to turn it to OFF when I quit for the day, and forget the next day to switch it back.

Alex or Pat - How do you test the CDI??

Alex,

Nice job on the sticky. I may have a few more for you to add soon.

How do you test the CDI??
Can you test the voltage regulator??

See my post/question on parts compatability between the 87, 88 and 89 warriors today. ;-)

Here's a good question to tackle:
What parts are cpatable across what range of model years? I'm not talking wiring harness plugs on stators or the like, that can be modified. Parts like:
CDI boxes
Stator
Magneto flywheel
Voltage regulator
Coil
Other parts????
Add others as you think them up! :)

Last edited:
A good rule of thumb is that if it's mechanical on the bikes that it is interchangeable but if it's electrical it's only interchangeable with a few different years like 87-88, 89-91

Voltage regulator ......87-95

Coil.... any year

CDI .... 87 only

stator 87 only ... but the 88 can be modded to work by splicing the yellow and white wires together

rotor/flywheel 87-88

thanks helps ppl out a nice addition would be the leaky vent syndrome im dealing with it now. What a crappy carb would a different carb fit this thing ? Also does it matter how long my spark plug wire is the one i just bought is like 3 feet long

i have a question the boot from intake to carb keeps cracking third one there is no tension or hard bend am i buying infer er parts also book said it should have studs i a using allen head bolts cant get nuts on it oh sorry 98 Yamaha warrior everything stock

Dave, the most common reason for ripping intake boots are 1) broken top motor mounts. And 2) not using an oem boot. The cheap 10 dollar boots are junk. Spend the 50 on an oem.

Back