raptor-warrior

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

guerrero

Reaction score
Guys, this might already been answered, but after lookin at pelphrey's riding pics where the raptor and warrior are side by side, it brought back a question i have always had regarding which is better in stock trim(suspension, handling, acceleration, top speed, etc.), i mean is the rappy really all that better than my 01 warrior, cause i've been thinking of getting one, my buddy sells the 05 for 3700

there were not any major improvements with the rappy 350, just a few little tweaks. The exhaust and cam give it a little more power, the seat height and footpeg height were altered for a more aggressive riding position when standing up, it weighs about 15 pounds less, and there's a few other things that arent' really noticable. If you already have the warrior it would be hard to justify spending the extra money for the slight improvements the raptor has.

ah. I ride an 01' warrior. And the raptor in the image is an 05. Of course I went with him to pick it up and wanted to ride it just as bad if not worse then he did. The raptor VS. warrior. Well I like the seat on the warrior better, it is larger and more comfortable. The stock handle bars on a raptor mos def have to go. As well as the stock exhaust. He has since bought an HMF slip-on and now that thing rips. Other then them things, I really enjoyed it; however I like the feel of the warrior better.

Well i guess that's that on the raptor, no reason on getting basically the same machine, thou i really like the looks, but then again, the warrior stands it's ground in this department, must be love.

The looks are okay. Its just too bad the majority of yamaha's sport quads look the same. However you can purchase the maier plastics for the warrior. They don't look too bad. And if all else fails transform the raptor 350 plastics onto your warrior frame.

Yea in stock for stock the raptor is a lil faster...when mine was all stock i raced a stock warrior in beat it by like a quad link...i think the warrior does like 61r 62 mph stock in the raptor 350 does about 66mph stock....but mines runing 70mph now...

I've raced a friend of mine several times when we were on the trails and my rappy bone stock has beaten his piped/jetted warrior every time. Keep in mind though that every machine is different. It's not like you could line up several stock warriors and them stay neck and neck.

I'm the opposite of Pelphrey on the "feel". I like the way the rappy is easier to stand up on. I feel like I'm sitting too low on the warrior. I'm thinking about getting a warrior for my wife though because she's more used to sitting lower.

i like how .the warrior has a wider seat rappys makes it feel soo skinny and to me it feels like it is top heavy the warrior in my view is the best in stability and comfort along with power

I have the raptor which i feel better on. but the only warrior i rode was a pos. not saying warriors are but this one was.
ok the improvements are
1. New Exhaust
2. New Carb.
3. New Rear Suspension
4. Lower seat hight and yfz footpegs
5. The raptor is 22 pounds lighter.

thats all i can think of

Yea in stock for stock the raptor is a lil faster...when mine was all stock i raced a stock warrior in beat it by like a quad link...i think the warrior does like 61r 62 mph stock in the raptor 350 does about 66mph stock....but mines runing 70mph now...

65 stock no.... 70 now no.... If you had the power to turn 70 and your gearing ratio allowed it (off the top of my head I think it’s in the 68 area) you’re not getting there to fast bro.

I personally would rather drive a vintage Warrior then a poser raptorized warrior.

not me.... i dont really like the look of the front of warriors, My buddies have warriors and there really isnt that much of a difference. The rappy is noticable quicker all around tho but its not that big of a difference. Its all personal preference

how would the warrior have more bottom end?? the difference in cam??

There is no cam diffrence, the cam bearing is what is diffrent the lifts and duration is unchanged. The accelration would be from the carb and exhaust. If anything the rappy would be about the same as a warrior for stock speed, its actually prolly less. The only real reason i like the rappy a little more is all the electrical stuff under the rear fender is hidden on the raptor. When modifed the 2 quads would perform the same, since the motors are unchanged. Only real improvement worth bragging about is suspension, and maybe plastics if you like them. The weight really would make no diffrence, if i wanted to all i would have to do is go on a diet for a couple weeks and id be right at the same weight.

I have the raptor which i feel better on. but the only warrior i rode was a pos. not saying warriors are but this one was.
ok the improvements are
1. New Exhaust
2. New Carb.
3. New Rear Suspension

thats all i can think of
In diff gearing the raptor 350 has 13/38...in the warrior has 13/40

[quote:sxrdj7pe]I have the raptor which i feel better on. but the only warrior i rode was a pos. not saying warriors are but this one was.
ok the improvements are
1. New Exhaust
2. New Carb.
3. New Rear Suspension

thats all i can think of
In diff gearing the raptor 350 has 13/38...in the warrior has 13/40[/quote:sxrdj7pe]

Yes but the warrior also has 22" tires, and the raptor has 20" tires. Which makes up for the 2 less rear sprocket teeth.

I still think the biggest difference is rider position. Ride which ever one you like...duh. They're basically the same on power.

Maybe that's why we're all on yfm350central...lol

If Yamaha still sold the warrior instead of the raptor I probably would have not bought a Yamaha. I was gonna get a Honda 300 or 400 EX but they just looked like shitboxes compared to the Raptors (which I think are the best lookin quads out there). I do wish I had the warriors 22" tires since they are probably more stable in the rough stuff and I dont race.
'

I was just the opposite. I was actually going to buy a 300ex or 400ex and went and sat on them, and quickly realized they weren't for me. Went to my local Yamaha dealer and fell in love with the warrior. It was the last one they had and they rolled it off the show room floor for me :)

If Yamaha still sold the warrior instead of the raptor I probably would have not bought a Yamaha. I was gonna get a Honda 300 or 400 EX but they just looked like shitboxes compared to the Raptors (which I think are the best lookin quads out there). I do wish I had the warriors 22" tires since they are probably more stable in the rough stuff and I dont race.
'
look the stcok tires for the worrior they look like ****... not that the stock tires on the rappy are any better

Back