raptor dies in reverse

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lucasislight

Reaction score
my brothers raptor runs fine but it just cuts out when it is shifted into reverse. its definately electrical, i have heard that a wire can come loose and cause this, which wire. thanks for the help.

The wire is under the hood between the headlights, I accidentally unhooked mine one time and it died every time I went to reverse.

hmm...i unplugged the wire that went to the ebrake assembly, is this the one you are referring to? i unplugged the same wire on my warrior and nothing like this happened. is this the wire that you are supposed to splice together?

are you sure spliceing them will work??

i just upluged my ebrake sensor and took it out nad it works fine?

when i took the ebrake off my 04 warrior, i didnt splice anything and the reverse worked fine, and its still working fine. my brothers quad (the one i am talking about in the thread) is a 06 raptor 350, and when i took the ebrake off it would just die when put in reverse, the only thing that fixed it was splicing those 2 wires. i dunno the warrior and the raptor must be wired differently. i dont know why the splicing is needed on the raptor and not the warrior but it worked!

I cut all the sensors and spliced them all, because I got a MSR clutch perch.

2002 must be diffrent

I just have to pull the white connector apart and plug the other 2 wires together and i was done.. no wires to cut.

Back