Raptor 350 Engine Swap

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flyinacez

Reaction score
Will a 2005 Raptor 350 Engine fit and bolt in to a 98 warrior frame without any mods? Also what about the Raptor 660, surely there will be mods but would it be too much for a dumbass(me)?
Thanks

The mounts would be the same, but I think the electrical would be different. I know that the rappy has a different electrical harness and cdi than the warriors, so you might have to replace the wiring harness with the motor.

I doubt it would be the same for a 660. They are water-cooled for one thing. And I know for sure that the nerf bars on a 660 are bigger than on a 350 by a couple of inches or so. You could make it work I'm sure but I think it would be a major project.

DO IT!! have a 660 worrior... if i had a 660 motor i would deff be putting it in my rappy 350.. just to make it a ...........raptor 660 hmm go figure?

Don't get me wrong, I'd like it like that. Especially if you leave the 350 stickers on it...lol

I just don't think it would be a simple swap out.

yeah have the 350 stickers on there and have someone be like thats a whimpy little quad.. then race them and whoop thier ass

the 660 motor is taller than the 350 motor, so I don't know for sure that it would even fit in the frame without modifying it. There's only a couple inches of clearance between the head and the frame with the stock motor, so it would be really tight if it did fit.

Cool, thanks for the info! I will keep searching for a warrior or rappy 350 engine to install.

If you have the IMS tank it arches pretty high over the motor, so that might be a must (and figuring gas consumption!) if you actually did that project. That would be sweet to make a smaller rap660.

Back