Raptor 350 clutch release parts

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Okay, I think i've got most of this working right now. Should I have to turn the lever with pliers to get the cable to connect? It's not much 1/8 inch or less. But i feel like that's moving the pressuer plate prematurely. It shifts fine like it is, but just wanna make sure before I mess it up. Thanks.

I finally got to see the real difference with this set up. I rode my wifes warrior with the stock set up and then mine. Holy freaking hell what a change!

I also just completed this mod on my warrior. I cant beleive what a difference it made. Now I could probably teach my wife to ride it. Since I discovered this site a couple months ago, I have fixed the hard clutch pull and the problems with my carburetor with the spring mod and valve cap mod. Thanks again guys. After reading on here about a small oil leak, I found that my neutral safety switch is leaking and thats next on the list.

I installed all the parts. Can't think of a reason not to do this. It makes an amazing difference. Do it!

Just installed a new clutch & HD springs, raptor release, motion pro cable, and MSR raptor perch. I hope I installed it all right. Haven't started it or ridden it yet. I feel like the clutch pull is almost too light. I can pull the lever with just my pinky no problem.

Just installed a new clutch & HD springs, raptor release, motion pro cable, and MSR raptor perch. I hope I installed it all right. Haven't started it or ridden it yet. I feel like the clutch pull is almost too light. I can pull the lever with just my pinky no problem.

No that sound about right to me, this mod makes a REAL DIFFERENCE in the clutch pull!! :laughup:

ok guys I got a question after reading all of this. My clutch cable just broke today and need my quad back asap. I want to do this mod, but how much fine tuning is involved to get the clutch cable adjusted just right? should I do this mod and worry about the tuning headache or should I just get the stock cable and hold off?

I did it and it was easy. It to about 30 min

Sent from my LG-E980 using Tapatalk

I bought the cable and holder and used the stock spring, turned the stock arm upside down and it worked perfectly. Takes like 15 minutes to install and a few tries to get it adjusted right. Rode it a little and then did final adjustment. Its definitely worth the time to do it.

ok guys I got a question after reading all of this. My clutch cable just broke today and need my quad back asap. I want to do this mod, but how much fine tuning is involved to get the clutch cable adjusted just right? should I do this mod and worry about the tuning headache or should I just get the stock cable and hold off?

No fine tuning really, you just clock the arm onto the splines into the spot that works and adjust the cable adjuster if its not perfect.

Latest posts

Back