Raptor 350 carb problem

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gssuperduty

Reaction score
A friend has a 04 Raptor 350 and can't get it started. It seems to be starving for fuel. It has plenty of gas and the fuel valve is working , plenty of gas getting to the carb but the carb bowl is empty( floats doesn't seem to be handing up). We cleaned the carb as best as we can but did not take it apart. The only way we can get the quad running is by removing the air box and spraying gas in to the carb, it would stay running as long as we kept on spraying gas . Any ideas whats wrong with the carb.

thanks
gssuperduty

Are you sure there is enough gas in the tank? A friend of mine had a similar problem. It would run no matter what was done. Turn the fuel selector on reserve for a few minutes then try to start it. The raptor 350s tank stumped me. It looked like it was full, but it was no where near full.

Yea we had the selector set on reserve and gas was flowing when we removed the gas line from the carb. This problem has got us stumped.

You will have to take it apart and see what kind of debris is keeping the float stuck. My friend had a big chunk of machined aluminum stuck in his warrior's carb when he bought it new that held the float downwards making gas spill out the vent tube. :( :mad: :mad:

Back