Raptor 350, best mods for money?

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

raptor_350_racer

Reaction score
:atv:ive got a 2013 Yamaha raptor350. ive saved up about $500 and want to spend it on my wheeler. I don't really need more speed, but torque doesn't hurt. im interested in protection, and suspension( possibly extended a-arms, and axle), any ideas what to get?
the quads already got,
-AC underbody skid plate
-alba front bumper
-fmf powercore 4 slip on
-nerf bars
itp holeshot tires all around
-parking brake block off
- maybe other stuff im forgetting.

heres my concern, if I get extended a arms and axle, will I need different shocks??
also who makes a different hood for the raptor? I don't like the stock hood!

any other ideas of what I should get? rev box, fmf header, different air filter, cdi,
I like things to make it look better as well, aslong as its not ridiculously expensive.

Tusk extended axle is great for the price, Also do it right the first time and get extended a arms, ASR's or Full Flights. Just some Advice once you start with the mods they aint no stopping. Welcome to the forum.

Tusk extended axle is great for the price, Also do it right the first time and get extended a arms, ASR's or Full Flights. Just some Advice once you start with the mods they aint no stopping. Welcome to the forum.
will I need different shocks for the extended a arms? also what kind of hood is on your raptor in your pic? thanks!

Welcome.

Width you want WIDTH.

i had a 06 midnight blue one (beautiful machine, but it was either cursed or hated me) and the devil was the twitchiest and worst handleing quad ever made. even my kfx450 does better then it did.

anyways i would get a arms and rear wheel spacers and if you need shocks for your weight after that watch ebay and see what you can find. they normally pop up regularly cheap.

Welcome.

Width you want WIDTH.

i had a 06 midnight blue one (beautiful machine, but it was either cursed or hated me) and the devil was the twitchiest and worst handleing quad ever made. even my kfx450 does better then it did.

anyways i would get a arms and rear wheel spacers and if you need shocks for your weight after that watch ebay and see what you can find. they normally pop up regularly cheap.

that's what I was thinking, but don't really wanna go with wheel spacers. heard too many bad things ablut them.

You can also get some noice billet aluminum extended rear wheel hubs from TUSK. You can get them fo under $90 on Ebay. I put them on my sister's 250ex, and they are the ****!! Gives you 3.5" more width.

maybe ill get the spacers then. will warrior a arms, shocks, and hubs or axle fit my quad?

The hood on mine is a YFZ450 carbon fiber Quadtech hood, Quadtech stopped making the real ones, so when I seen it I knew I wanted it. However Fourwerx carbon and Tiger racing still make some badass carbon fiber hoods. As how to make it fit you have to make spacers for the top, I uses aluminum arrows and cut them into and the bottom is fairly simple. If you get one and need some more info PM me.

that raptor looks awesome! whys it so low?! is that a 700 beside it? also I think ill look into getting one of tose hoods.. it looks sweet!

Wes I hear ya man, I literally have 2 piles of goodies to put on it.

@RaptorRacer, Its my sorry ass preload on my YFZ shocks, I had to adjust them to the top which lowered ride height, Later this summer I will be doing a front end swap new shocks and some +2's. And the front tires are 20's Im switching to 21's so it will help a lil with clearance. As for the hoods they are damn nice, Fourwerx every now and then run a Blem special and you can get a discount. The only downfall to them is the price 220 bucks for a hood is crazy. Thanks for the compliments glad to see another raptor owner on the forum.

Wes I hear ya man, I literally have 2 piles of goodies to put on it.

@RaptorRacer, Its my sorry ass preload on my YFZ shocks, I had to adjust them to the top which lowered ride height, Later this summer I will be doing a front end swap new shocks and some +2's. And the front tires are 20's Im switching to 21's so it will help a lil with clearance. As for the hoods they are damn nice, Fourwerx every now and then run a Blem special and you can get a discount. The only downfall to them is the price 220 bucks for a hood is crazy. Thanks for the compliments glad to see another raptor owner on the forum.
yea would a stock yfz hood fit? do you think it would look nice?

If your talking about the plastic aftermarket hoods then yes I think it would look good, Also KFX/LTZ 400 hoods fit the raptor 350, Meier make some nice hoods for the price you might like some of them before you go and spend 200 on a Quadtech or Fourwerx

If your talking about the plastic aftermarket hoods then yes I think it would look good, Also KFX/LTZ 400 hoods fit the raptor 350, Meier make some nice hoods for the price you might like some of them before you go and spend 200 on a Quadtech or Fourwerx

ok cool. looks like ima get the ASR or full flight extended a arms ($350) , the tusk extended racing axle ($200) and my moms let me borrow $250, so im also gonna get a used yfz or ltz hood($50-100), then the other $100 im buying a dozen new arrows for my new bow, got a brand new Mathews for Christmas and it came with 4 arrows. I have my old arrows from my /PSe but there a like 1/4 inch to short for the Mathews!

Sounds awesome!! Your gonna have a complete new machine after all the parts go on it. I like a Mathews but haven't broke down and bought one yet, I got a Parker Thunderhawk.

Latest posts

Back