Raced MX for the 1st Time Last Night

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

raptor350se

Reaction score
Went with a guy from work who's boy races dirt bikes and he wanted me to tag along and just practice on this track. Well now i'm going to be racing in the beginner class tonight i guess. Any tips?

if you other opponent's aren't widened out to 50inch. then when you com in the turn bump there rear wheel that will tip them right over. ::)

I beg to differ 53 last year when I raced I had my rear widened but my front end stock and I could still tip people over ;D oh yeah big tip dont get greedy on the holeshot and take out 2-3 riders like I did but if you do just work your way through the pack if your good at cornering and decent at jumping your all set. Cornering is the name of the game.

well i can't get my quad to slide real good. It's got banshee tires and they are a bitch to make slide. I had 10psi in them and could slide around a few corners but now i've got 15psi but haven't tested them. I can jump farely well to be a beginner, alot more than the other riders.

I beg to differ 53 last year when I raced I had my rear widened but my front end stock and I could still tip people over ;D oh yeah big tip dont get greedy on the holeshot and take out 2-3 riders like I did but if you do just work your way through the pack if your good at cornering and decent at jumping your all set. Cornering is the name of the game.

i was talking about the aother racers being widend if there not then you can tip them over. i sure know i cant be tipped over. ::)

i'm 20 and i just got home from my racing. Everyone there was widened in the front and back. Raced mostly with C class people. Finished 6th out of 14. Guess now's a good time to do some suspension work.

thanks. It was sort of hard to turn with those damn banshee tires and being stock width and such. Couldn't spin like the rest. I'm putting on some smaller holeshot tires next time and maybe adding arms and axle. Would a +2 be fine for me?

if you are really seriose about mx than i would get my set up. but if your just having fun then i would go with +3 and a +4 axle. so that way you dont have to spend that much money on long travel shocks. :-/

if you are really seriose about mx than i would get my set up. but if your just having fun then i would go with +3 and a +4 axle. so that way you dont have to spend that much money on long travel shocks. :-/

Or if you cant afford to do the LT setup you can do my setup since most tracks round here are kinda tight I run only +2 in the front and +4 in the back lets me carve through other riders easier then being at a full 50"

Well i just found a set of lonestar a-arms on ebay for a 98 warrrior. Will they fit my quad? What year warrior parts will fit mine if any?

ya i found the durablue eleminator for about 300. Anywhere else i can get one?

Back