raced a 400ex

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigranger

Reaction score
Saturday, after I re jetted my raptor I was out testing it and I raced a kid on an 03 piped and jetted 400ex. I am running an HMF and a K&N air filter kit with my lid removed, plus a dyno jet kit. Anyway, we raced about 5 races down the road that were about 100 yards. And 1 race that was prolly closer to 300 yards. I beat the kid 4 times on the short races and I'm not counting the 2 races that he gave up on because he hit dirt on the road and spun his tires ::). The longer race, he pulled ahead right around the end of 4th and after that I was owned. I was really impressed at how much power gain I got out of these mods and I'm not even through jetting it. I can't wait to really get some good stuff for the engine so I can smoke any 400 out there, ;D LOL!

i beat a piped 400 ex with a 12 tooth sproket..... in prolly like a 80 yrd drag and whooped its ass in the woods

now try beating a z 400 dvx 400 or the kfx 400...that will lower your ego.. happens all the time to me..

I know the kid was surprised, I was actually a little surprised too. I'd been wanting to race him for a while but I didn't want to ride until my jet kit came in. It was cool though, because the day I rejetted it, I saw him riding down the road so I made sure to catch up to him.

There are not too many of those around here. I know of one boy who has a z400 but I have never riddin with him. I'll wait until I'm a little more modded before I hunt him down.

I was dead even with a 04 z400, believe it or not, I've raced him many times too. You must start in second and just get a good launch without spinning the tires. Sand paddles made it easier for me.

I can't even get close with a z400. I'm bone stock and a buddy has a bone stock z. They are head and shoulders above a 400ex. I agree with xking, if you race a z400 it will take you down a notch in hurry unless you have motor work or they don't know how to ride.

A new ignition, high end pipe, easy pull clutch lever, accelerator pump carb, and a direct shifter are big factors when racing the newer quads. Start off in second gear, and the rest is how fast you shift and maintain the powerband. With those mods done a measly 350 can keep nose to nose with a stock z.

better be a damn good rider... all i have to say.. not to brag but i think im pretty good.. when im in front in the woods flying.. so as we get out in the open there goes the z400 way out front.. and i have mine jetted and a hmf pipe on it still no competition.... weres reggie when you need him... he can baet modded z400's with his worrior lol

yamaharaptor350,

I do just have the stock gearing. All I have done so far is the stuff listed in my sig.

stock gearing and hds- 20 in rears. stayed clse/ almost even with raptor until he hit 5th. raced buddys z400- piped and jetted stayed decently close just have to stay a gear or two ahead. warrior has some balls- no doubt in my mind its possible

stock gearing and hds- 20 in rears. stayed clse/ almost even with raptor until he hit 5th. raced buddys z400- piped and jetted stayed decently close just have to stay a gear or two ahead. warrior has some balls- no doubt in my mind its possible

Stayed close almost even with a raptor 350 or 660? If you stay close to a 660, he has got to be stock and you heavily modded. Otherwise, the guy couldn't have known how to ride. Sorry, man, but a 350 is not going to hang with the 660 at all if he can halfway ride.

beat kfx 400 when my quad was stock 300ex and barly lost to a z400 he got me bye one quad lenth

Blew away countless blasters and 300ex's. 300 ex's were not competion before the carb and new pipe now it would just be a total humiliation sentance for a 300ex. Beat a lakota 300 too. Beat both of the 300's by about 5-6 quad lengths in 500 feet. Lakota would take the 300 by about a quad length. But a 400ex can be done pretty easily, a z400 with some motor work and stuff box listed you can win, its all about the rider. Holeshot makes all the diffrence really.

noo bro. it was a 660 too. he still isnt the best at riding his 660 yet but hes been riding for a long time. I got a sick holeshot on the warrior and stayed 2 gears ahead. All i did was powershift like a son of a bitch and keep it pegged. Believe what you guys want but i wouldnt say it if it wasnt true. I just have the ability to get every once of power out of my bike.

I know it sounds screwy but it really wasnt. Ill try to get a vid up next time i go down to prove it. it really is all rider most of the time. if he got the jump i was 2-3 lengths behind. no bullshit.

are you like reggies secret brother or something???

**cough cough cough** sorry guys my allergies are killin me... cuz im allergic to bull ****

Back