raced a 400ex

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Also, how good are each of you as riders? Seems like everyone on here talks about beating Z400s so easily and talk about how THEY can beat z400s, rappy 660s, blah,blah,blah. Just because you can beat one don't mean you can beat ANY. Riders do make a difference. If the best rider in the world is on a rappy 350 and the 100th best rider is on a z400, you'll lose your money betting on the best. But I seriously doubt that the best rider in the world is here bragging about beating a faster machine on a slower one. Face it the z400s are faster. If that is what you wanted, you should have bought it!
If I stepped on any toes, you should have moved em a little FASTER! lol

I don't want anything other than a Yamaha and I would love my 350 whooping a z4's ass. I'm just trying to get some ideas so I can improve my quad.

if youre reeally that serious about winning/evening the drag then play with with your sprokets and do some more enigine mods. practice shift times and how to get everything out of the bike.
its still going to be pretty hard thou man. ive never won but ive come a length or two behind a z consistanly- not every time but enough not to be getting ripped.

work on how to get the holeshot and put the power to the ground- you probs have a fresher clutch than me so some tires wouldn't hurt for hookup either. if you stay a gear or two ahead youll be fine. dont overclutch either- powershift that son of a bitch dont be woried about letting it out

i think that alot people on here think im an ass because i said i came decently close, but i wouldnt say **** for no reason. good luck

Face it the z400s are faster. If that is what you wanted, you should have bought it!
If I stepped on any toes, you should have moved em a little FASTER! lol
im wishing i did go with artic cat dvx 400... i coulda got a brand new one form the dealer for 5 grand.... but i dumbass me had o have my raptor 350 thinking its not that much slower.... WRONG... but i guess thats why yamaha makes the 450 to whoomp on them all lol....

I do want a 400cc stroker kit. I've been thinking about the one from cycleworksracing.com.
I wouldn't want to go up more than 1 tooth on my sprocket though, because I do want a good track quad.
I'm not one of these guys that are all about top speed, I just want a good/fast/reliable four wheeler.

I do want a 400cc stroker kit. I've been thinking about the one from cycleworksracing.com.
I wouldn't want to go up more than 1 tooth on my sprocket though, because I do want a good track quad.
I'm not one of these guys that are all about top speed, I just want a good/fast/reliable four wheeler.

eh the strokers are VERY quick! The reason you go up so much teeth in the front is because the power generated by the stroker makes the current gearing almost un-usable/driveable.

I see...... I figured I'd have to go up at least 1 tooth if I went with the stroker kit. I guess I have to go up more than 1 if I do that?
I know its been covered a little bit, but is the cycle works kit pretty good? Or is there sumthin better?

I see...... I figured I'd have to go up at least 1 tooth if I went with the stroker kit. I guess I have to go up more than 1 if I do that?
I know its been covered a little bit, but is the cycle works kit pretty good? Or is there sumthin better?

The FST 436cc kit is in my opinion the best; it is recommended that you run AT LEAST a 15T front sprocket (and thats considered low gearing/16T + is optimum) with the kit.

If I went with the 436, I would definitely need an oil cooler right? Is that kit reliable as long as I have an oil cooler?

If I went with the 436, I would definitely need an oil cooler right? Is that kit reliable as long as I have an oil cooler?

A stock Warrior can benefit from an oil cooler! But any motor modded Warrior should have a cooler regardless; but yes stroker is a must. Any stroker reliability (other then oil cooling) is mainly based/dependant on piston speed; you dont want to exceed above 4,300 FPM (feet per minute) and expect your rebuilds to be far apart.

Back