Quick questions

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Johnsonty1024

Reaction score
I NEED A FEW QUESTIONS ANSWERED
1) What's the best carb for a 87 warrior?
2) What 1 part can be added to increase power/torque?
3) Are there extended A Arms for a 87 warrior?

1) I haven't changed carbs on my 87,yet. But tuned properly mine functions just fine. I see that lots of members have FCR carbs listed as mods to their rides.
2) I noticed a difference with a new pipe and jets. Heard good things about using a vitos key for instant improvement over stock.
3) you have to make your own extended a arms for a 87, but you may want to ask Pat to be sure. He made his own arms but I think I read on here somewhere that arms from a different 4 wheeler may fit.

#1 I run the factory carb and its prity good
#2 I ran a vitos key and it felt good but it sheared off my first time out riding
#3 you can do the flip the front rims to make it wider but will feel more rough in steering

1- I put a 99 carb on my 87(plastic part for the accel pump broke on the 87), Ive heard of people putting an fcr carb on or even the raptor 350 carb.

2-Theres a few thing you can do, vitos key(i run one and love it), air filter(im running a uni pod filter), exhaust, cam, high compression piston.

3-From my research 400ex lowers will work but you need to specify what balljoint to use and you can use 2nd gen warrior uppers.

Thanks guys I hope I get more members to comment. I want a variety of responses . I am rebuilding my quad starting next week and I wanna put a carb on there that has the best throttle response. I also need more power because I wheelie a lot and I weigh 205lbs so I need to add 1 or more parts that's going to lift the quad up when I dump the throttle . I'm going to keep looking into the 400ex A arms also.

The throttle response on my Edelbrock is spot on!! As for other parts a good Intake/filter set up, Re jet it and get a exhaust to fit your liking and your set with bolt on mods.

ON the cheap for power that you will fell...
hot cam stage 1+ 140
vm 38 carb new on ebay= 100
dg pipe you can find used= 100
That's 340.00 you will fell

Back