Possible 5/2 ride in PA

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snowdog

Reaction score
If you are interested in joining a group ride on 5/2 please drop me message or reply here. I'm thinking about putting a ride together which is going to be in eastern PA in the Poconos at either White Haven, PA or on the RAC Reading Anthracite Coal lands in St.Clair, Pottsville or Treverton. You are required to have a permit to ride on RAC land but not at White Haven that is something different. I have about 4 people from another site interested in going as well.

Dan

I'm open to long drives, but I think that's a little distant for me. Now, western PA I would look pretty hard at. Actually I have some projects I'm managing in north central PA and might be able to merge work with play somehow. I'll check into it, but I doubt on such short notice I can pull anything off.

Where and when will you be in north central PA, there is some awesome riding up there and there are a few of us from another site thinking of putting togethere a SSRT trip or Whiskey Springs trip in July.

Where and when will you be in north central PA, there is some awesome riding up there and there are a few of us from another site thinking of putting togethere a SSRT trip or Whiskey Springs trip in July.

Well, I'm not really scheduled to go there because we don't manage construction, just design, drawings, survey, materials, basically stuff that you don't need to be on site for. All of the projects I'm managing there have already started so the front-end site visits and such are done. BUT, i can make up some serious BS if I have to because I am the project manager on the design end. I can create a false need. You know what I mean? We have several more out on the horizon, and as you know very well, the natural gas biz up there is going to get bigger and bigger so I'll be coming up there off and on for years. I have some survey guys with ATVs that would love to hook up on weekends though, and they're pretty cool outdoors kinda guys. Good guys, too. They're up there all over the Marcellus region as we speak, in PA, NY, and WV.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, thats cool and I know what you mean! What towns or highways are in the Marcellus region that your company is working near?

I didn't realize at first you were also the one from 700xx.com but anyways
if you plan it all out correctly the ride I was referring to was going to be with
dagirl71. We were chatting last night about taking a trip out there on 7/17
with Nash04 and a couple of others from another site and anyone on here
that is interested as well. Dagirl has her Hatfield/McCoy trip in June so she'll
be busy with that for a bit.

Maybe it could all work out, who knows.
Dan

I've got a big project above Williamsport, two around Horseheads, NY, and a couple Markwest projects in the SE corner of PA. My company has projects all over the region though, and I"m buddies with the PMs for those projects, so I can usually work my way into having to work in another area if I really wanted to. The area above Williamsport is pretty damn rugged, and I saw lots of ATV trails up there. I designed a gathering/transmission system that covers about 50,000 acres northwest of Williamsport so I know the area pretty well.

Okay, I know where your working at now. Route 15 that runs up to Route 6 and west towards Coudersport and Wellsboro. There is a couple of great state trails right around there and yeah, its pretty rugged but the one is pretty smooth. I have family that live in Coudersport and have traveled from Philadelphia to Coudersport (6hr drive) many many times as well as driven up to Buffalo, New York via that same route.

This place http://ssrt.org/index.htm is further west of Williamsport on I-80. They do require a permit and lics and registration. You can buy the permit there and its really cheap, $15 first person of family.

This is the PA state sites for DCNR trails http://www.dcnr.state.pa.us/forestry/atv/atvindex.aspx
The yellow atv at the top center is the Potter County trail system near Route 6.
The two green ones are Bloody Skillet and Whiskey Springs and should be west
of Williamsport.

I have never ridden at any of these locations but hope to this summer.
Also, I don't know about the PA registration since your out of state.

Take it easy
Dan

I briefly glanced at the link and am anxious to check it out in detail Thanks. That will be very helpful. Riding will make my trips up there so much more enjoyable, although I have enjoyed seeing the new places and meeting lots of new people. For some reason, I don't care much for the Elmira/Horseheads/Corning area, but that's probably because of the jerks that I work for up there and the corresponding stress from work.

Anway, thanks for the feedback.

Put on 36 miles today, no incidents no problems a great day of riding with only 6 riders.

Glad it turned out well! Any pics from the days festivities? :)

I acutally didn't get any, like usual. One of the other guys there took a few but we
really kept a fast pace all day.

Back