Pneumatic Tool Quality?

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

2xtreme

Reaction score
Wasn't sure where to put this, so I stuck it here. Mods please feel free to move if required.

Since the insurance company took a grand out of my claim check to cover my deductible, it looks as if I will have to adjust my expectations on replacing my tools that were stolen.

It seems I will not be able to afford to replace them all with the same brand products that I originally had.

Does anyone have any experience with Ingersoll Rand or Porter Cable pneumatic tools? Or have suggestions as to what brand is less expensive than MAC/ Snap-On, yet still of good quality?

These would be for recreational usage, not professional. But would also need to last.

Thanks in advance

evilhaze

Reaction score
Try BluePoint, it's made by Snap On, same quality but you just don't pay for the snap on branding.
Ingersoll Rand is a rock solid tool, very dependable, nearly indestuctable, I drove cars and trucks over my impact wrench on more than 1 occasion and never had a problem,
The cheap Canadain Tire brand is Campbell Hausfield, reliable, but not top of the line, but they might be an only in Canada type thing.

dave85zxt

Reaction score
We use IR pnuematic tools at work (aka Sear Craftsman Professional). They are excellent. I would definitely purchase for my own toolbox.

zuzzu

Reaction score
i would say craftsman. that's all the tools i have. plus if they break you get another one free if you take it back to sears. no questions asked :) well i guess some of the tools they won't give but that' sunderstandable

kreed5821

Reaction score
IR, Portor Cable and Bostitch are what I've got. Any of them are good if you take care of them. Craftsman are probable just a relabeled version of one of them. You pay more for the name than for the product. My Dad is a professional contractor and has Bostitch guns that are very very old and were used on a daily basis. I don't know exactly what kind of tools you are talking about but when I bought a narrow crown staple gun, the Bostitch was much better made than the Porter Cable (The slide on the Porter Cable was flimsy). But I've got a Porter Cable brad gun that is great.

2xtreme

Reaction score
Thanks for the input(s).

Looking at mainly mechanics tools- Impact wrenches, air ratchets, air hammer, etc, etc

3wheelerdude

Reaction score
I do not recommend Campbell Hausfield, every one of their tools I have used sucked. Porter Cable is great, and Power Fist (from Princees Auto) is probably the cheapest in price I have found with decent quality.

2xtreme

Reaction score
I think I am going to go with the IR.

I'll order them from Tooltopia.com- good prices and free shipping!