Please help

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

04raptor350guy

Reaction score
Hello I recently hit a stump and broke a tie rod end and bent some stuff :-/ But anyway I'm just wondering how big of a toe in i'm suppose to have and how you measure it. Thanks a lot :)
Darren

im not 100 percent sure but i think they are supposed to be a tad out becuase you adjust those settings when your not on the bike and when you are riding it the front end will be compressed a little bit so then they will be right but im not 100 percent sure

TOE_IN ADJUSTMENT

1. Place the machine on a level surface.
2. Measure.

Toe-in measurement steps.
.Mark both front tire tread centers.
. Raise the front end of the machine so that there is no weight on the front tires.
. Fix the handlebar straight ahead.
. Measure thw width between the front marks.

. Rotate the front tires 180 degrees until the marks come exactly opposite.
. Measure the width between the marks that are now at the back of the tires.
. Calculate the toe-in using this formula

Toe-in = the width measured from the back subtracted by the width measured in the front.

Toe-in:
17~27mm(0.67 ~ 1.06)

3. Adjust:
.Toe-in

Adjustment steps:
. Mark both tie-rods.
This reference point will be needed during adjustment.

. Loosen the locknuts (tie-rod end) of both tie-rods
. The same number of turns should be gevin to both tie-rods right and left until the specificvtoe-in is obtained, so that the lengths of the tie-rods will be kept the same.
. Tighten the rod end locknuts of both tie-rods.

hope this helps and you understand it lol
i think when i did it it was like 1/2 in toe in not shure tho, just measure it and you will find out. ;)

Thanks for everyone who replied! :D I adjusted it to 1/4 inch toe in and it sticks to the road like unreal.

Back