PLEASE HELP 2004 Raptor 350 No Spark

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JosephMcGov

Reaction score
I have a 2004 Raptor 350, which ran perfectly fine up until about a month ago, then one day it would crank like normal but not start up like normal. Upon a little investigation came to find out it has no spark.

Put a new spark plug in... still no spark
Put a new stator and pick up in... still no spark
Tried another coil I know works... still no spark
Returned the stator, purchased a new one and new pick up from different place... still no spark
Got my hand on another cdi box tried that... still no spark

I've traced every wire, made sure there are no shorts, and made sure everything is properly grounded

I have no idea where to go from here besides picking this thing up and throwing it at the wall =\ any help would be GREATLY APPRECIATED

Are all grounds good?
What companies have you used for the stator?
Have you tested the ignition switch, stop/start switch?

I have no idea where to go from here besides picking this thing up and throwing it at the wall =\ any help would be GREATLY APPRECIATED[/QUOTE]

i also love iron man!!! did you test cdi

all grounds are good, both stators came from two different sellers on ebay both very reputable.

can the flywheel wear out or go bad?

ive tried to find a manual to get the right specs on how to test the electrical components but haven't found anything, I try to do the ohms test with the stator and pick up but don't get any readings remotely close to the readings ive found in the forums, nor does anyone really state which function on the electrical meter to choose

to test the stator you need a multimeter, figure out which wires go to the source coil and which go to the pickup. There are white wires that dont need to be tested so just leave them alone. set the multimetere to ohms and touch the 2 feelers to the contacts at the same time(Do this once for each plug) the pickup should be close to 500 ohms and the source should be somewhere in the neighborhood of 300 ohms. Get on ebay and order a clymer service manual for the raptor 350 best investment you can make when working on them, check ignition coil too

on my multi meter there are different options for ohms 2k 200k etc. which do I put it on?

on my multi meter there are different options for ohms 2k 200k etc. which do I put it on?

2k setting would be appropriate in this case since it's in the lower range of resistance (ohms).

well, I definitely do not get readings in the range of resistance I should be, however, but maybe im doing something wrong, I don't see how 2 different stators could be bad =/ really don't know where to go from here

ive tried another cdi as well, as still nothing, everything else works fine, it cranks, the neutral light comes on, but just no spark

aint but 3 or 4 things it could possibly be. source coil, pickup coil, spark plug, ignition coil or cdi. Mark cdi off the list and ignition coils rarely go bad. Most likely either your source coil or pickup coil. Bring the stator inside and let it warm up like overnight or something and then test with a multimeter.

Back