******* PISSED.. P.O.S!

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

06yfm350

Reaction score
right not im ******* pissed over my 06 peice of ****. the dealer gives it back to me today and says its working great ( see my other post about it to see what was wrong with it). ok, so im taking it off the truck, and the park brake is stuck on, so i say ok, then i coast it off the truck. i start it up, and it still runs like ****. then i look at the park brake, i try to adjust it, and theres a bolt bent all to **** in the back of it, the dealer just adjusted it too. so i try to loosen it lightly, and snap, the bolt head breaks. so now im really pissed. the bike is still breaking down like whenever it wants too. they checked all the electrical to see if there were any bad connections or anything and they said it was all ok.

RIGHT NOW I WISH I BOUGHT A SUZUKI INSTEAD OF THE PILE OF **** YAMAHA.

how do you take the whole park brake off and not interfear with anything else? i feel like burning this bike right now.

n00bs *shakes head*, first of all if you notice something wrong BEFORE you leave the dealer BRING THE ******* THING BACK IN OR LET THEM KNOW AT LEAST. I would call them up and bring it back in but you fucked yourself by taking it home with those problems now they can say you did it.

k on your parking brake when its engaged it wont let you ride with it on meaning your quad will run like ****... i dont know about the worriors but i was told its a new feature on the raptors when your park brake is engaged it will kill the engine..... to take park brake off is easy the the moun off the handle bar follow the cord to the rear brake caliper and unscrew it... people say you need a block off plate ... but i dont have one

n00bs *shakes head*, first of all if you notice something wrong BEFORE you leave the dealer BRING THE ******* THING BACK IN OR LET THEM KNOW AT LEAST. I would call them up and bring it back in but you fucked yourself by taking it home with those problems now they can say you did it.

I would have not takin it home, but my dealer is a 1 hour drive from where i live, and i had to work tonight so i asked my mom to go up and pick it up for me. I trusted them when they said that it was working fine now.

And thanks kingraptor i never knew if you had to block off that plate or not.

**** like that happens to every quad dont think if u were to get a suzuki that nothin like that would happen... it all happens to us now and then just calm down and work out the problem

This is the second time they said it was fixed. First time i was at the dealership and took it for a short ride before we took it home and it still worked bad so it stayed there, this time i never went to the dealership and its still not working right... ive calmed down now.. atm i was really p.o'd though..

I don't blame ya. The bolt shouldn't have broken either. An hour drive? I would be sure to go myself and see how it runs or take it to another Yamaha shop.

What does the brake block off even do. I want to take mine off right now cause the brake is broken anyway. Can anyone else confirm that there is no need for the block off?

When you unscrew it do you take out the allen head bolts that connect it to the caliper? If so do you put the bolts back in?

What does the brake block off even do. I want to take mine off right now cause the brake is broken anyway. Can anyone else confirm that there is no need for the block off?
i guess all the block off plate does is just keeps mud and dirt out keeping your brakes from rubbing? correct me if im wrong

the parking brake is useless. just keep it in gear and it wont roll on you. the block off plate is for show or to keep the dirt out i guess. you unscrew the 2 allen bolts and if you plan on getting the block off plate then save the 2 allen bolts, if not then you dont need them anymore.

Alright thanks, I guess I'll go ahead and spend the damn 15 bucks on the block off just to keep the dirt out.

tusk block-off plate $8.00 from rocky mountain atv. Comes with rubber o-ring and 2 new bolts.

Back