P&P or bore kit?

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Save a little longer and get both at once, since you already have to take apart the top end for both.

Save a little longer and get both at once, since you already have to take apart the top end for both.

WORD!! I didnt do it that way and it really sucked taking apart my top end for every little thing I installed.

Do the bore kit seperate - then when you want to do cam, oversized valves, springs etc... do the port & polish. You do have to take apart the top for both but the bore kit just requires the jug to be machined; the cylinder head itself gets the cam sprocket removed and is just set to the side.

To port & polish at the same time would cost you extra in labor - if and when you are ready to do a cam, some oversized valves, springs, and P&P it will be cheaper because the seats are already being re-cut anyway for the P&P (so just throw the 1mm valves in) and the cylinder head needs to be taken apart and re-assembled then and doesn't with a bore kit.

Back