OIL Filter Change

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bullet69

Reaction score
Hi all. I saw a post on here about changing the filter & it being such a mess. This is what I did.

1) Get a form a funnel www.FormAFunnel.com I know that the price is kind of high, but this thing is great and will have many uses around the garage.

2) Roll it out & make it U shaped and place it under the oil filter. Also place a couple rags under the funnel as a little oil will sneak by, but this will stop it from going on to the skid plate.

3) Take the filter off, but while unscrewing the filter, hold the funnel tight against the engine so you only get a minimum oil spill. Note: You should be able to slightly modify the funnel since its just rubber with a lead center.

4) Wipe up the little amount of oil with the rags that are already under the funnel, Put new filter on & add new oil. I prefer Amsoil powersports 0w40

Attachments

• 4-wheeler 1.jpg
    4-wheeler 1.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 71
  • 4-wheeler 2.jpg
    4-wheeler 2.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 73
  • 4-wheeler 3.jpg
    4-wheeler 3.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 78
  • 4-wheeler 4.jpg
    4-wheeler 4.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 73
Great write-up, thanks for sharing! :)

Is yours a 450? That's a totally different filter location than mine. That product will still probably work on mine. Thanks for posting.

I just shove a rag in there first it is such a stupid design.Thanks for the info if I can save up the $25.

On the 350, the filter is in front of the engine, at the bottom, right above the skid plates. It dumps straight out onto the skid plate. It looks like the 450 dumps out all over the engine and tranny. In either case it's ugly. Thanks for the post on that funnel.

LOL..yes it dumps it all over the engine and tranny. I found that out after my first oil change as well.

Latest posts

Back