oil cooler on raptor 350

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

airzfocus

Reaction score
hi new to the site, been trawling through pages of oil coolers on warriors, from what i can gather there pretty much the same engines, so what im asking is that to install a oil cooler without drilling the clucth cover, i can use the oil filter cover off bigbear350, is there any other parts that i need , apart from oil cooler itself and lines? is it just a direct bolt on and run your lines or do i need bits in side oil filter housing thanks

There are some small parts that go inside the big bear adapter. Those are necessary for it to work, if that's what you're asking. If you're buying it used the little pieces may be in it already, but buying it new they're separate. You'll also need an adapter to go from the filter cap to your cooler lines, however you choose to do that. I just used some brass thread-to-nipple fittings from the hardware store, others have gone above that and used AN fittings, braided lines, and all that.

yep basically 10 feet of line and oil cooler, and the bigbear piece(s) i say that becasue the adapter piece from older ones like 1991 had two pieces and earlier ones are one, you may have to pick up some bolts to fit the longer piece depending on what you get, but if you do it like me getting most of your stuff it can be done for a tad over 50. and since you have a raptor, is it possible for you to fit the cooler in your hood like the 660's are, because that would be sweet.

thanks for replys, well just bought oil cooler housing off ebay, on the pic it shown the cover late where the oil lines run from then there was another bit which sat on the inside of the cover, just wondering if there is any other parts need, does this clip and spring thing come in this plate or is that seperate? thanks
here ebay number, to view pic thanks 260574257400

airzfocus said:
thanks for replys, well just bought oil cooler housing off ebay, on the pic it shown the cover late where the oil lines run from then there was another bit which sat on the inside of the cover, just wondering if there is any other parts need, does this clip and spring thing come in this plate or is that seperate? thanks
here ebay number, to view pic thanks 260574257400

This is the exact same thing I answered in my first post. Those small pieces that go inside the cap are seperate pieces but could be included in that used one. The picture doesn't help because it only shows the outside of the cap. You'd have to contact the person selling it to find out, i'm willing to bet those pieces will be in it though. It wouldn't make sense to sell them separate.

Latest posts

Back