No Spark Problem

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
well i got my parts, put the new stator source coil in, got juice up to the ignition coil wire via test light, I have a brand new ignition coil i wired in today still no spark... I wiggled the ignition coil and it sparked a few times and then no more spark. So if i bolt the ignition coil all the way down on the frame it will not spark but if i play with the coil while turning the motor over, i can get it to spark once in a while... What will cause the coil not to spark if the coil is bolted all the war down on the frame but if you play with it untighten it and move it, it will spark sometimes.

Also wanted to add, The start button on the handle bar, The black ground wire, if its fully grounded the button is dead, if i unground it and press the start button and ground the wire it will turn the motor over... do i have a wire messed up somewhere? basicly if the coil and or start button is fully grounded neither will work, but if i slightly ground them off and on, on the frame i will get spark and the motor will turn over. I am at a lost here

For anyone with a first gen warrior... I have no headlights and i have two plugs going no where. One off handle bar with yellow.. green... And black..the other plug is cdi side coming from wireharness with black... Black/white.. and red/black... If u can tell me what these are for ty

I think i figured out the problem, My pickup coils are not working now... How they just go out of no the blue is beyound me. No ohms through the pickup coils... so now im off to change the pickup coils and take it from there...

I hate searching for electric gremlins.. Good luck hopefully you found the issue

Going replace everything little by little. Ill figure it out lol

Okay pickup coils in read 193 with specs of manual... So now i beleave its the cdi box... If anyone can maybe point me in a direction other then cdi box that would be helpful...

Does anyone have a cdi box for a 1987 yamaha warrior they looking to get rid of or sell???

Guess no riding for me this summer lol... got to save up some money to get the new cdi box, But will be tearing the whole atv down and repainting it and everything, will post pictures of everything in each stage.

Okay got cdi still same thing... I get like 92 volts ac from source coil i just installed... Pick-up coils omhz okay but get .1 volts ac through both... Can pick-up coils be bad???

I get nothing out of the orange wire. No volts.. i hooked red lead to orange wire and grounded the black lead on volt meter and i get no reading... Is orange a hot or ground lead out of the cdi box

I’ve got a problem with no spark replaced the Solenoid and still nothing not power to the stator could that be the Cdi?

I have the same problem but I have no power going in to my stator or my solnide could it be my cdi

Back