No spark need help

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hos63

Reaction score
I have a 2005 raptor 350, bought it with no spark and a fresh rebuild. Didn’t want to spend the $375 on an oem stator so I cheaped out and bought the eBay kit with the stator, starter solenoid, pickup coil and ignition coil. I’ve replaced everything and I’m getting some intermittent spark, so I swapped the oem starter solenoid on and forgot to undo the battery cable and it sparked and I no longer have a starter button. So even when I touch the two post together to turn it over it still has intermittent spark. My question is how to I test the stator and pickup coil to see if they are good, with eBay it’s pretty 50/50 And if there’s anything’s else I should test like the kill switch? And how? Thank you!

Also if this stator is bad if you guys know of any good ones that are cheaper that would be awesome!

You can test the stator by checking the resistance across it. some cheap stators have come wired wrong. For something more on a budget maybe try one from zoom zoom.

Back