No fire

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bkeen

Reaction score
bought a used 2000 350 wolverine only run at idle or so no slide movement at all. tore down carb and cleaned everything reset float pilot jet stopped up cleaned out put back together no start no fire at spark plug no fire at plug wire. fixed carb slide and pilot jet set screw two turns out but no fire. when i started it would crank up just not run now nothing no fire the only thing i can think of is we probably left the engine on offf switch on but still had the key swithch off. dont know where to start and it doesnt make much sense either maybe someone here can help direct me as to where to start?

Ok, sounds like you may have a bad ground, or break in your harness. Other than a stator its the number one reason for the problem you describe. Try starting the bike while wiggling the harness near the area of the carberator and where the stator plugs into the wiring harness. If it suddenly starts you will have to open the harness up and find the problem and repair it. If it doesn't start, more than likely your stator/pick-up/ pulsar coil is bad and will need to be replaced. The other way to check is to (if your wolv has one) try the pull starter and see if it starts and runs. That will point to a stator issue, my 98's stator died instantly. I pulled it onto the truck to transport it, half hour later went to start it to drive it off no spark. Stator ohm'd out fine so I did what the service manual said and got a new OEM CDI box...which didn't fix it...so I went thru the whole harness, that was fine, finally bought a OEM stator and bam starts right up everytime.

Latest posts

Back