Newbee needs help (bent axle)?

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IFD

Reaction score
I am new to this forum but have used and posted in others and know how beneficial they can be to others, so I hope you can help. I am a first time atv owner of a 1996 warrior. I just bought this the other day for $400. I did not run so I was unsure of what I was getting into. First I rebuilt the carburetor and it fired right up. Then I learned that I have to replace all the brake calipers since the previous owner pushed the pistons into the rotors. Now today, I see i have a pretty substantial wobble on the right rear wheel. I tried swapping the wheels and the problem is still there. I took off the hub and it seems to be straight. I turned the axle with the wheel and hub off and it appears that the right side of the axle is bent near the spindles. It might be 1/2 inch but it makes that tire wobble pretty badly. I need to know if it can be straightened or does it have to be replaced? If it can be straightened, how do you suggest how to go about this? Leave it in the carrier or take it out.

Welcome to the site man, With the axle i would just buy a g-force axle and call it a day, but they can be straightened by a shop. Not sure what heat would do to em, prob make them more brittle and break easier. As for the calipers, I have a complete front brake set id like to get rid of, let me know

Back