new supertrapp

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wal2l2ior

Reaction score
ok..so tomorrow im getting my supertrapp (slip on only)..its used so i dont know how many discs there are on it..im also going to install a k/n with pro collar and no air box lid...should i run it and see without jetting or just throw a 150 jet in and go from there? I know nothing about supertrapps and thier discs...if someone has one and can share info about how many disc's i sould have and all that other crap that would be great.
Thanks!

Sorry bud, I haven't heard that much about them, and what I have heard wasn't that good. Check the product reviews section about people asking about them.
~Bill

I think they're alright exhausts, at least better than dg and cobra. You'll definitely neet to rejet, and 150 sounds like a good starting point.

I've been doing a bunch of research on supertrapp pipes and it seems to me that people say they suck just because they heard someone else say they suck. The people that own them don't seem to think they're that bad at all. One of the performance companies, I forget which one (I think powroll) reccomends these pipes.

I'm going to have to agree on what Warlord said. I only know what I have heard from word of mouth, or typed stuff, but nothing from an actual owner of one.
~Bill

I've been doing a bunch of research on supertrapp pipes and it seems to me that people say they suck just because they heard someone else say they suck. The people that own them don't seem to think they're that bad at all. One of the performance companies, I forget which one (I think powroll) reccomends these pipes.

Most motor builders do reccomend supertrapps. Alba, DG, FMF, and Cobra all copied thier designs in diffrent ways so they must be doing something somewhat right. Although i do like my yosh more.

tc racing-tom carlson recommends them.

Start at a 150 and 45 pilot. play with the turn out, and the clip should be fine

are you running an outerwear?

yes im going with an outerwear, just waitin on that from ebay.. ..i will have to change the stock pilot? and by the clip being Fine you mean Middle position right?
Thanks!

ya they do just suck, we call em "SuperCrapp" :p

What are you basing this on??

..I hate to break it to ya..but theres a WHOLE lot of guys out there who race and they say supertrapp's are great...ill listen to them for now.

We have one on our old atc 200 3 wheeler. i love it. it sounds alot throatier and more powerful then the machine actually is. it has been submerged under water covered in mud and everything for over 6 years with no problems. it made a noticeable jump in power too.

I actually have a supertrapp on my '96. I can't bad mouth it, as I really don't have a lot to compare it on - it was there when I purchased it. Offhand I believe it has 8 disks on it, I can go count for sure. I have not messed with the jetting at all, and with the exception of the pipe it's completely stock.

In the six months I've owned it, it's been great so far. I plan on going to a K&N sometime this summer if finances can support it and from there I'll get a jetting kit and go through the whole process. I don't have any complaints against it and it does sound great (in my opinion). A friend who has a stock 400ex was riding with me and commented that he really needs an aftermarket pipe and that he loved the sound of mine.

Anyways, that's my two cents - sorry I can't be of more help at this time as I don't have much to compare it to. Oh the other thing, it isn't overly loud, it's got a nice rumble to it when you rev up but idle is mild and has a nice tone. I personally wouldn't want one that is TOO loud (no offense to all of you people here that can't seem to get it loud enough haha).

You can see pics here http://yfm350.proboards31.com/index.cgi?board=welcome&action=display&thread=1130987998

I actually have a supertrapp on my '96. I can't bad mouth it, as I really don't have a lot to compare it on - it was there when I purchased it. Offhand I believe it had 8 disks on it, I can go count for sure. I have not messed with the jetting at all, and with the exception of the pipe it's completely stock.

In the six months I've owned it, it's been great so far. I plan on going to a K&N sometime this summer if finances can support it and from there I'll get a jetting kit and go through the whole process. I don't have any complaints against it and it does sound great (in my opinion). A friend who has a stock 400ex was riding with me and commented that he really needs an aftermarket pipe and that he loved the sound of mine.

Anyways, that's my two cents - sorry I can't be of more help at this time as I don't have much to compare it to. Oh the other thing, it isn't overly loud, it's got a nice rumble to it when you rev up but idle is mild and has a nice tone. I personally wouldn't want one that is TOO loud (no offense to all of you people here that can't seem to get it loud enough haha).

You can see pics here http://yfm350.proboards31.com/index.cgi?board=welcome&action=display&thread=1130987998
So you think you still have stock jetting with that pipe?

Yeah as far as I know I do. If so, seems to be fine so far, but I haven't really dug into it yet and done the plug chop and so forth. I'm guessing though that the addition of a K&N would make a significant difference and warrant re-jetting.

I've got a supertrap IDS2. Also don't have much to compare it to, but I like it alot. Fits well looks good sounds good. With a K&N, lid on, and stock head pipe I'm runnin a dyno jet kit. Went with what they recomended, middle clip position, 136 main, and 2 1/2 turns out. Runs real good. Way better than with the dial a jet i had.

I'm new to this whole jetting thing, but it seems to me that adding a K&N would improve air flow into the motor, and a 136 would restrict fuel flow (isn't stock Main a 145? or something) - wouldn't that make the system run more lean compared to stock?

I'm new to this whole jetting thing, but it seems to me that adding a K&N would improve air flow into the motor, and a 136 would restrict fuel flow (isn't stock Main a 145? or something) - wouldn't that make the system run more lean compared to stock?

Dyno jet kits use a different numbering system, a 136 dj flows a lot more than a 136 mikuni jet flows.

I only know that supertrapp disc exhaust sound very good en work great on Harley's.
Hangout with the local Hell's Angels alot and worked for them for 2 years so I have riden many times on their bikes with the supertrapp but it's great sounds much better and give more power then the dragpipes.

Back