new stuff on the way- few questions about tusk/rtl

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

warriorxcr1

Reaction score
what up guys. i just ordered a tusk gas cap and renthal front sproket (14 tooth) becuase my top end is hurting.

last weekend i finally got my bike running. turns out out something was holding the peice by the float bowl up so the fuel wasnst getting through to the carb bowl... anyway back to my thread, this front sproket wont hurt my low end that bad right? i have very good low end right now but im a big guy (rough 240, not fat lol) and my top end speed is horrible.
Will a prodesign clamp on (k&n outerwear make up the low end loss? did anyone see a big gain after installing it on a warrior? any imput appreciated.

also how have the tusk caps held up. Do they hold tight? Any chips or bad occurances with them?

thanks alot guys, appreciate it

I would get another power producer to go with the 14 tooth. A rev box or carb would be a big plus. Either of those two or your basic top end motor mods would make you hit the limit. I found the 14 tooth alone to be a little lacking until I got the ignition.

I think the 14 tooth should be fine. I run 14/40 with 22" rears, so it's taller than yours will be, and I barely noticed any low end loss. The 14 will just make up for the top end you lost with the smaller rear tires. I go between 12 and 14 front sprockets depending on the type of riding i'm doing. I rarely use the 12 anymore because there isn't much of a difference at all with low end power. The only thing I use the 12 for is firewood season when i'm doing a lot of towing with it, and chugging around the woods slowly.

I think that a clamp on filter with a removed airbox lid will more than make up for the low end loss, and will add some more on top end for you too.

you finally got the cap and the sprocket after twenty years,lol. let me now when when they come in and let me now if your still goin ridin this weekend

I think the 14 tooth should be fine. I run 14/40 with 22" rears, so it's taller than yours will be, and I barely noticed any low end loss. The 14 will just make up for the top end you lost with the smaller rear tires. I go between 12 and 14 front sprockets depending on the type of riding i'm doing. I rarely use the 12 anymore because there isn't much of a difference at all with low end power. The only thing I use the 12 for is firewood season when i'm doing a lot of towing with it, and chugging around the woods slowly.

I think that a clamp on filter with a removed airbox lid will more than make up for the low end loss, and will add some more on top end for you too.

did you have the front 14 before the carb? thats probrobly going to be my next mod after the airbox anyway. Just curious

thanks- ant

yeah, i had the 14 before I had the airbox mod and the carb. With my taller tires it's about the same as a 15 front sprocket with your tires. 14 with 22's was a little taller than I needed to achieve top speed, so I think a 14 with your 20's should be perfect.

naaa i dont think im goin down the shore bro. plus its supposed to snow alot. next week probrobly

i have the tusk gas cap and it has held up great so far to a scratch on it nor a chip.

naaa i dont think im goin down the shore bro. plus its supposed to snow alot. next week probrobly

can you say snowwwwwwwwwww! ;D ;D ;D i'm definately hittin the road jack, if u go next weekend i can definately go

seems like there holding up well. thanks for the info guys its good to hear from a bunch of people about a product.

thanks again-ant

Yeah I got the aluminum tusk gas cap. Been really nice.
Yea i also have a aluminum tusk gas cap...its been good..
456raptor350.jpg

Back