New project :-O

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

warriorkid

Reaction score
Well Ive been looking for a few days and I cant find a cheap snowmobile engine anywhere. So i guess I am gonna look for a street bike engine. Also I was thinkin about a Banshee engine, bit i dont know. Any other ideas are greatly appreciated.

-Reggie-

nah, they arent enough power for what i want. Thats why i decided not to use the banshee motor.

I know a kid who put a RM250 motor in his warrior and it ripped. I'm sure a dirtbike motor is alot cheaper than a street bike motor. Probably alot easier to install too.

well considering that the cart probably weights 200lbs alone + a 200lb rider. I dont think that the 35-40hp is gonna cut it. But hey, thats just me

well considering that the cart probably weights 200lbs alone + a 200lb rider. I dont think that the 35-40hp is gonna cut it. But hey, thats just me

That oddessey hauled your fat ass around back when it had a 10hp motor! A 250cc 2-smoke motor will make it rip, and you can find them anywhere

BAHAHAHAA, bikes only weigh 200 lbs, and you being over 200 wont make a diffrence, and the newer bikes were pushing 50+ horsepower, and honestly a stock banshee motor vs. one of the newer 250 motors, such as 99+ yz250, The 250 would prolly be faster. Now when modded you know which will be faster, but my honest question is, you always complain of having no money, where are you gonna pull the money from to buy a 600 dollar motor?

[quote:73gmxxy0]well considering that the cart probably weights 200lbs alone + a 200lb rider. I dont think that the 35-40hp is gonna cut it. But hey, thats just me

That oddessey hauled your fat ass around back when it had a 10hp motor! A 250cc 2-smoke motor will make it rip, and you can find them anywhere[/quote:73gmxxy0]

The ~79-84 Honda odyssey FL250 is a 2 stroke 250cc. I know because I used to have three.

I hope to god that you are using a FL350 with the independent rear suspension. The FL250 with no rear suspension is kidney killer! I wouldn't want anything larger than the stock 250cc motor in one of those unless you plan on sticking to pavement. I used to drive mine on the trails and I hurt bad after 30 minutes.

Anyways get a snowmobile engine so you can stick with the CVT and don't have to **** around with making a drive system. Go check out these sites for good used snomobile engines:

www.centralsnowmobile.com

www.thomassnosports.com

yah i was just out driving a artic cat 680 or 660 twin i cant remember but it ripped i was hitting 80 in a field under 100 yards i thing a snowmobile motor is the way to go but what about cooling? i dont know if they cool real good in the summer but thats wat i wud get

[quote:lh8ekvfj]well considering that the cart probably weights 200lbs alone + a 200lb rider. I dont think that the 35-40hp is gonna cut it. But hey, thats just me

That oddessey hauled your fat ass around back when it had a 10hp motor! A 250cc 2-smoke motor will make it rip, and you can find them anywhere[/quote:lh8ekvfj]

hey...senior douche bag, shut the **** up :) it HAD a 250cc 2-stroke motor stock fagnuts!

And i AM sticking to pavement, or really hard packed dirt/gravel. Im using the FL250 frame. I am going to try to get a street bike motor, but a snowmobile engine is obviously my 2nd choice.

with your well know wrenching skillz, you'll never do anything more than scratch your nutz and look at that **** bag oddessey

i will remeber that when i blow by ur quad with my '**** bag odyssey' Why dont u go get stoned and shut the hell up, u ****** hippie.

its little bitches like you that ruin a good message board. I never talked **** to u until u called me a fat ass. But if ur gonna be a mega cocksmith, then be that way. But there isnt any point in internet arguing.

Back