New crankshaft questions

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So my con rod bearing blew out, I assume from the young grandkids of the older man I bought it from over revving it before me. I couldn’t find a machine shop that would replace it, so I ordered the Hot Rods +4mm stroker crankshaft. With a stock cylinder on, will this cause the top of a STOCK piston to reach 0/exceed 0 deck height? If this does get to 0 deck, would that cause detonation due to over-compression? I’m new to this forum and would really like to get some input from other warrior/raptor wonders, thanks.

Last edited:
If I remember right that crank needed the piston as well with the wrist pin moved up as stock will exceed the needed height. If you contact mr. crankshaft he should be able to rebuild your oem one.

If I remember right that crank needed the piston as well with the wrist pin moved up as stock will exceed the needed height. If you contact mr. crankshaft he should be able to rebuild your oem one.
Well on my OEM one there’s heat warping and as I said the con rod bearing is blown, so more ideal for me to get a new one. Could I just use head “shims” to get to/under 0 deck? With a new piston of course

Well on my OEM one there’s heat warping and as I said the con rod bearing is blown, so more ideal for me to get a new one. Could I just use head “shims” to get to/under 0 deck? With a new piston of course
Hot rods used to make a piston specifically for that crank. Do they still make that? If you're going with a new piston anyway you might as well get that.

Hot rods used to make a piston specifically for that crank. Do they still make that? If you're going with a new piston anyway you might as well get that.
Not sure, but I’ll look into it. I’m running low in funds for this project, so hopefully I can find a decent piston under $250. Also what is stock stroke in a warrior? I’d like to know so I can find my displacement with the new +4 in.

The +4 hot rods kit is 379.
I have the crank though, all I need is the piston, and I don’t really have that much money to drop on just a piston. I may just go with a vertex and bore the cylinder to size and shim it with a thicker gasket if I need to.

Back