New clutch for 2001 motor

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

boxhead

Reaction score
Well, finally kicking off the rebuild, but I still have a couple parts to buy. I'm going to need a very tough clutch that can withstand 40+ hp of abuse, and the stiffness of the clutch lever isn't a concern. If anyone can make any suggestions on what would be a good clutch package to buy I would appreciate it very much. If anyone knows of a good quality clutch basket that would also be a plus, I haven't been able to find one for the warrior yet. So far this is the list of **** that will be done within the next couple months of rebuilding the motor, it's about to take some serious abuse, or at least I hope!

Web full race cam w/kibblewhite springs
398cc stroker crank from hotrods
cometic gasket kit
stainless steel valves, intake +1mm, and a valve job
all around port 'n polish
+10 nitrous booster after taxes
new oil pump (just in case ;D)
+2" LS swingarm also after taxes

Going to be a fun project, I just started ripping the cylinder and head off today, lets see how bad I fucked them up...

I think that the best clutch available for the warrior is the DP clutch. I don't remember ever seeing any aftermarket clutch baskets for a warrior though.

That's the one I saw at alba for $140. I wonder if it's really any stiffer than the OEM components. So far it seems to be the best option, but I'm gonna wait to see what else is out there.

Latest posts

Back