Neutral light wiring

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Superthrash1

Reaction score
Hello gang, new member here. I’m on my second Raptor 350 after buying one new the year they released.
Question I have on my new one..previous owner did a lot of “modifications” and I am trying to add an aftermarket neutral light. Many of the connectors and wires have been cut or bypassed. My neutral safety switch doesn’t have a wire coming off it at all, what would be the way to connect a two wire light to have an indicator?

Welcome.
Sorry, I can't be of any help. Hope someone knowledgeable will be along soon to answer your questions. Do you still have your first Raptor 350?

No, actually got rid of it years ago and got a 660. Now I have a 07 350 and the wife has an 06 350
Oh, I see. Great, you each have 350. Which one has wiring issues?

Hm this is tricky because a lot of us will do race cut harnesses that eliminate that. I know you'll need the wires that attach to the case of the motor. Do you have those? There should be one for neutral and one for reverse.

I have reverse taken care of. There was a tiny bit of a wire left on the neutral switch by the shifter. I don’t know where to go from there

I guess maybe I could start with a couple questions..where does the thick blue wire go from the sensor, and what wires would the factree light be?

Brilliant. Does it involve plenty of wires?

I guess maybe I could start with a couple questions..where does the thick blue wire go from the sensor, and what wires would the factree light be?
How did it go?

How did it go?
Well I used common sense and looked at the wiring on my wife’s unmolested quad. Seems that the light blue wire runs from the switch to a relay that’s missing from mine. Just ordered the relay, now to find a decent way to connect a new wire to the switch

That's great, actual diagram?:)

Back