Need some help deciding on a wolverine 450

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wolf

Reaction score
I have been looking at a wolverine 450 online and have been thinking about buying it but I just am not sure it it will have enough power for me or not. I am also concerned if it will be to small. I mainly trail ride but will get inspired to jump into a mud hole or sometimes make my own trails. I ride a honda foreman 450es ride now and was wondering how the wolverine 450 compares to my honda. Is it about the same size? Do they have the same power? I am looking for something sporty that has 4wd. I can't get to sporty with the honda as it is full time 4wd. I love to find a wolverine 450 in my area to sit on and try it out but it has been almost a year and none have turned up. The only ones I see are online or hundreds of miles away. I really like the idea of a crossbreed that is 4wd and somewhat sporty. I have looked a polaris scrambler and don't like the rear chain idea or brakes and it is to wide at the feet. Can ams are way to over priced. Anybody if you could tell me how you ride your wolverine and if you are happy with it and let me know how it compares to sport atvs and utility atvs please let me know. Also how do they feel when you sit on them does it feel like a sport quad your sitting on or a work machine. Thanks guys.

Ok from what all I know, my brother has a Honda 450 Es and I have a 09 450 wolvy. On an open take off I can beat my brothers Honda, now if u want something to pull with go with the Honda, on open trails my 450 wolvy can't beat it. It's all in what u want to do with what u get, am not light person either so it can carry me around doing 50 easy lol, the wolverine is a good all round bike I didn't want a work machine I wanted something to play so I got the wolverine 450 and never regretted buying it I love it to death. Hope this helps ya some , and yes u can help pull someone but its not a work pullin bike is what I ment

The wolverine 450 I was looking at was sold locally so it is no longer for sale. I will have to keep an eye out for one around here and online as long as it is a good deal. Still would appreciate other peoples thoughts on the wolverine 450.

im 5'1 and 109 lbs (light i know)and i LOVE my wolvy mine has been jetted and has a gytr pipe on it i owned mine a month and its pretty beast :)

I went through the decision process recently. I've got an '07 Grizzly 450 so I knew the 450 Wolverine would do okay power wise. The Wolverine is like 100 lbs lighter than my Grizzly and the solid rear axle would be a lot better for drifting around corners. I ended up buying an '03 Wolverine instead because it was less expensive than the 450's in my area and in better shape. I think you'd be happy with the 450. I really liked that it has push button 4x4 and the auto tranny is better for mud and snow riding.

I traded a MAX IV for my 06 wolverine and I love it. I had a 07 Honda Foreman 500 for a couple of years with a gear reduction and 2" lift with 27" tires. I like the feel of the Wolverine a lot more then the Honda. It is lighter and easier to handel in tight situation. I all so like to mud and ride trails and I have not be disapointed with the Wolverine yet. My cusin has a 600 Grizzly and it feels like a tank compaired to the Wolvey. I am sitting around 250 lbs and it carries me just fine up and down the trails and through the mud. Yes I am over weight and I am in the process of losing what I have put on in the past year and a half after my son passed away. But this is not about me, I am just giving you my thoughts. There are several mods to do to the Wolvey to give it more pep. I am thinking about a clutch kit for mine after summer is over.

Back