Need Some Assistance... Timing TDC

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mista1008

Reaction score
I have a 2005 yamaha raptor 350, The bike will no longer start (turns over, will not start). I set the timing marks on the cam gear as well as the T inside the stator cover window. I put a rod into the spark plug hole and the piston is not at the top when these marks line up.
I have tried turning the flywheel manually and it will turn either direction about a full turn before it will no longer turn.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

First, always turn the crank counter clockwise. Was the timing played with since it was running last? The flywheel key could shear, moving it on the crank. Then when you set the timing for the cam you wouldn't be at true tdc, causing the piston to touch the valves.

First, always turn the crank counter clockwise. Was the timing played with since it was running last? The flywheel key could shear, moving it on the crank. Then when you set the timing for the cam you wouldn't be at true tdc, causing the piston to touch the valves.
I have sheared off the woodruff key. Finally figured it out after looking over everything I could think of. I appreciate your help and time, thank you.
Have you ever used a vitos +4 key in one of the Raptors before?

I have sheared off the woodruff key. Finally figured it out after looking over everything I could think of. I appreciate your help and time, thank you.
Have you ever used a vitos +4 key in one of the Raptors before?
I haven't personally no but I have heard they are easier to shear. Plus they advance the timing throughout the entire rpm which is something you don't want in the upper rpm.

Latest posts

Back