need some advice

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

05raptor350se

Reaction score
alright there is this kid like 2 minutes up the road from me that has had this old warrior (i dont even know the year) that has been sitting in his yard in the same spot for the last 4 years or so it sits in all the weather... probably has a good 8-10 inches of snow on it right now... but my question is if i wanted to go take it off his hands how much should i offer him? i just think it would be cool to fix it up... if i could get it for like $300 i would do it unless its in better shape than i think then i might offer more

any advice would be nice
thanks

Your largest concerns:

1. Condition of frame - About $750 for a new frame, check for cracks, bends, and rusted through patches.

2. You'll more than likely need to rebuild the motor regardless, even though it is sealed from most weather. You'll probably want to have the crankcase rebuilt since water might have condensated inside through the vent. When you drain the oil you'll find out. I would just assume the worst and replace the bearings and seals regardless, and also check the wear on the clutch and gears.

You'll probably find that it would be best to throw away the controls and such on the outside, and simply salvage whatever electric components you can. Just buy aftermarket components to replace what has been weathered. This won't be a cheap or quick project if it has indeed suffered too much weather, just assume the worst. If you have the time and money this forum's members can help you find the cheapest and best quality parts to get it back on the trails again. Quite a few of us have already torn down the whole quad into nuts and bolts, so we can help you with any rebuild problems. I actually wish I started from a frame and motor, the OEM components that I paid 4500 for just broke and ended up getting torn off anyways!!! ;D

you already own an 05, i'd wait and save my money look for something different to experiance other than a warrior, like a 2-smoke, or god forbid, a honda of some sort.

well my idea is to fix it up have it running good and looking decent then selling and try to make a few bucks... but only if its worth it... if i have to spend alot to get it then that means it wouldnt be worth it cause i know a good amount is gonna go into fixing it... thanks for the advice boxhead... i figured the frame and motor are mainly what i want to look at... i need to go look at it before i decide anything though

A project like that can be fun too. Even if you don't make much on it, it might be a good venture. And if you do get it and rebuild it, you might find it hard to let go!

Not sure you would make any money on it. You may end up putting more into it than you'll get back.

I have always liked the warrior the most of what's out there, that's the reason I've invested so much in it, I'd never sell it. If you plan to sell it just basically make it running and rideable. Traitor!!! ;) ;D

well i went up ther today and talked to them... it turns out the warrior isnt really even theirs its their uncles or something... the kid said its still in running condition (it looks better than i thought it would but i didnt look close)...then i said that i was looking for a project and the kid said this same guy (the uncle) has a honda that is all taken apart in pieces and needs work... so they said they would talk to the guy about it and get back to me

Back