Need help

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1987 Warrior

Reaction score
Hi all ok so hears the problem i'm having, i just got my warrior back from the shop (had to replace a front wheel bearing) and it wont start. it started up fine before i brought it in now all it does is click once when u push the start button.
so my question is could this be the solenoid starter relay thing??

and another thing kinda of topic and wrong thread but has anyone used these ball joints before??http://www.ebay.ca/itm/NEW-YAMAHA-W...ccessories&hash=item43cb1aa3ca&vxp=mtr&_uhb=1

Thanks Jay

I cant help you with the ball joint question. But did you try jumping the solenoid? Have you checked your fuse that's right there as well? You could take a screw driver or something like that and touch both bolts and if it starts the solenoid is bad.

ok so the fuse is still good, the batteries brand new, never tried the screw driver thing will try it today and get back to u.

and thanks for replying guys

I had the same problem, first take apart the electric startor and see if its fried, that was my problem, but i also changed my selenoid, so it could be either, even maybe the battry needs charged, and theres also the CDI that i had an issue with, but thats kind of a rare issue

ok so the fuse is still good, the batteries brand new, never tried the screw driver thing will try it today and get back to u.

and thanks for replying guys

Battery is new but is it charged full?
Check the voltage on the battery!

I tried tapping the starter with a hammer and it did nothing and i just charged the battery as its brand new, i dont have a voltage reader so i cant see what the voltage is. Ill check the starter tomorrow and see what it looks like.

ok so i took my starter apart(have no idea what to look for) but i noticed there was oily/water in it. my guess is that should not be in it but just wanted to make sure by asking u guys.

i doubt its your starter buddy water could jus be from humidity play with your reverse lever and see if it will start. does the neutral light come on?

If all else fails call the garage and let em know your working quad is not working anymore since they played with it.

Last edited:
well it was my starter it was fried inside. got it rebuilt and she lives once again thanks guys for helping.

Back