Need help ! Stoped quad for 5-6 years !

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bene50

Reaction score
Hey people im here to ask for all of your help because i have a Yamaha 350 electric Warrior from 95-96 that have been without any movement like in 5 or 6 years and the battery is dead and have the left tires flat.. im already gonna buy a new battery and put some air in the tires.. also ive been told that before i start it up i have to do some manually movement to the engine or the engine might break if i start it up(i hope you get what i mean i dont know if im being clear). So i wish you could explain me how to do this manual movement to the engine and also some advices or other things i have to consider according to the mantainance of the ATV like changing engine oil air filters gas filters clean carb etc.. everything you can tell me to have my quad running again in good shape, im all ears please help me im practically a noob in this stuff but ill figure it out
Thanks !

1. buy a repair manual
2. tank the tank off. if there is any gas, dump it out. remove the pet cock and clean that out real good
3. remove the carb, buy a rebuild kit and rebuild it. clean out the float bowl really good too.
4. buy a new air filter
5. change the oil
6. get fogging oil, pull the spark plug and spray the fogging oil into the cylinder
7. put a milk crate under the real axle
8. on the left side of the case, i think its 3 allen bolts, remove that small cover. behind the small cover is a bolt that you can use to turn the engine. it will take a good amount of force to move the engine manually but with the spark plug out, itll make it a lil bit easier.

cheap laqour thinner works real good for cleaning old fuel that has turned into varnish

After you get it running. GO through and real a lot of the info on here. You'll be a warrior mechanic in no time.

yeah have no doubt.. i want to put it a yfz clutch also change tires and exhaust ! (; hope i get a lot of opinions and advices about what to choose haha

noo no look ive been told that yfz's clutch system is like optional to engage it i mean u can go to the next gear without any need of engaging the clutch

You can shift a warrior and a YFZ without using the clutch, its not good for it but you can do it.

Back