Need help selecting cam for my warrior

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Krazyman61

Reaction score
I have an 01 warrior with a 85mm dome top piston, I believe it is the 12:1 compression piston as the raised top is quite large, It also has the edelbrock quicksilver carb and an fmf powercore 4 slip on pipe, and it had an oem cam which the torque in this thing was tremendous! Like I could pop a wheelie in 3rd by mashing the gas, now today I put a stage 2 hot cams in and seems to have lost its torque, so I’m looking for a cam that’ll deliver a good balance between too end and low end, any help would be appreciated! Also is there some type of high compression starter for these things? Mine has a really hard time turning the bike over for to the high compression

Last edited:
Hey krazyman61, just a suggestion: gearing could help you on that lower end torque with that stage 2 cam set up you have. If I remember correctly stage 2's are more suitable for top end performance. so adjusting gearing will help fine tune all around balance.

A stage 1 hot cam will perform much better in the low-mid range. The stage 2 cam is a higher RPM cam as mentioned by worm1.

It's been a while but there are countless cam discussions on here but the Web .390 I believe is among the best overall cams. I ran A S1HC when I first got my Warrior with a 10.25 Wiseco and ported head. I wasn't impressed with the Hotcam. Current CWR .450 Cam is way more impressive from top to bottom. My mods are in my dig.

Back