Need help! Piston and Cam combo

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nick

Reaction score
I have a 1999 warrior 350 here that i am rebuilding and want to build the engine up. So I want to put in the Wiseco 12:1 CR piston and want to do a cam too but I’m un sure if there will be and clearance issues with that set up. Was thinking either hot rod stage 1 or a web .390 and help would be appropriated and maybe a different set too. Of and is there any thing I should be worried about with that set up? And should I be doing valve springs too let me know

12:1 is a lot of compression. when you start squeezing it that hard you must run race fuel and in my opinion you will wear out your one way starter being a lot quicker, if it isn't worn out already. You may consider the typical 10.25:1 piston if you arent planning on putting a ton of money into it and racing

I already do run race fuel 112 octane. What thanks for the info I’ll replace the hearing now too. But do you think that this combo will work like there won’t be any clearance issues

i cant say one way or another about clearance issues. i would assume you would be ok, but i dont have experience with cams or pistons other than 10.25:1. Btw you realize you have been wasting money on race fuel? that stuff isnt formulated for stock or mild engines.

i cant say one way or another about clearance issues. i would assume you would be ok, but i dont have experience with cams or pistons other than 10.25:1. Btw you realize you have been wasting money on race fuel? that stuff isnt formulated for stock or mild engines.
I live right near an air port and that’s where I get my 112 octane fuel from I’ve used/use it in all on my dirt bikes and race bikes plus I get it for pretty cheap

Back