need heavier rear spring - what will fit?

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mikect

Reaction score
i need a heavier rear spring to carry me around, as well as for the occasions when i take a girl for a little ride..i have the adjustment maxed and it still goes almost all the way down/bottoms..

i know the machine ain't made for it, but i don't care..i need to solve my problem.

what will fit? anyone know the specs on the stock spring so i can try to "upsize" a universal one or one off another machine or bike?

think so? the shock feels like its doing its job, i just figured it was my 220 lb fat ass weighing it down, plus once the girl jumps on with me, just too much weight..

I weigh about the same and have no problems with either of mine,with the wife on back you can notice it but no bottoming out.

Being blown has nothing to do with the bike sagging or ride height. Still seem surprising to me that the stock spring is weak for you, I'm around 200 and thought the thing was too stiff at half adjustment. Maybe the springs were changed at some point.

And if you put something so stiff on there it doesn't sag badly with an extra rider on the back, it'll be so stiff riding solo that the back end is going to be bucking up and kicking around out of control in rough stuff. These things just aren't built for 2 riders.

Swapping over to a 2001 raptor 660 shock should take care of your problem though, they have more adjustment and it starts at a higher ride height to begin with which also helps. I got a nice one for $70 on ebay, I doubt you can touch an aftermarket spring for the stock shock for less than that.

Latest posts

Back