need a carb solved

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

warrior88

Reaction score
My quad is bogging out when I put the throttle 3/4 to full wot it boggz down and back fires through all the gears. I have stock 145 main jet and I don't know bout the pilot. But its powerful from 1/4 some what half but at I want full throttle it quickly boggs down to where it wil stall out .I cleaned the carb, new plug, fresh premium what could it be i have umi air filter

??

Last edited:
Yes all stock but the pilot screw might be a different size I Didn't find a small screw driver to see what's in there. Oil is full and fresh new filter. Just at wo throttle boggs
out bad..it has a banshee gas tank

Is the Uni filter in the air cleaner box or clamped on the back of the carb? I had tried a Uni filter clamped straight to the carb and was running a Hmf muffler and the Uni filter restricted the air flow enough that mine ran rich with a 145 main in it and bogged out bad at 3/4 to wot. I ditched the Uni and put a K&N in the stock air box and had to bump it up to a 150 main, 45 pilot and mix screw out 1 3/4 turns to 2 turns to make it run right and have a brown plug when doing plug chops. If I were you I may try lowering the clip on the needle 1 slot and see if that helps any. That will make it run a little richer at wot and that may be enough to fix your problem.

OK the uni filter is in the box an there's two filters to that uni Grey an red. I did move the clip position to 4th I'm guess now I need to try 5th. So if it does it on the 5th groove then change to150 main what bout the pilot keep stock? And if whiching to 150 where should the clip position be then

Last edited:
OK so I put the needle on the last groove 5th and its still bogs down at wot so I need to get the 150 jet? And what Bout the piolt ? And after I purchase those where should I place the clip back to 3rd stock?

Get a new plug. Install the new plug and run your warrior through the gears and hold it at wot in 4th or 5th gear for about 5 seconds or so then turn the key off and pull in the clutch. Pull the plug out and see what color it is. Whitish in color is lean and black is rich. What you want is a chocolate brown color. Do a plug chop before you spend money on any new parts. If your Uni filter has 2 foam layers to it I would guess you are running too rich. Do a chop to be sure and post the results so we can better help you. Btw, take a plug wrench or socket with you and pull the plug immediately after coming to a stop. Do not ride it back to your garage and pull the plug as that will give you a false color reading.

Ok thanks i didnt do that yet but i did notice on the carb the screw on the carb bowl thats closed so tight i cant even open it think thats one problem

Latest posts

Back