My cut lid

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

schppppeeiiddiiiee

Reaction score
picture1032ck.jpg

i cut my lid to get some more air flow

also.. what size diameter filter do i need when i get my uni clamp on?

I did the same thing. It works good enough for me, and at least I can be sure that the filter is positioned in the airbox right so i'm not sucking in dirt.

i just drilled 8 small holes for now.. when mx season starts i will probably do that and put an outerwears on it.

thats funny...youll spend more money fixing it cause its sucking in dirt rather than buying a clamp on

If you put the drop-in filter in correctly it won't suck in any dirt.

When i had my lid on, i had cut it almost the same amount...with ten plates in my E-series exhaust and a 163 jet that puppy screamed something fierce!!...but with the box totally gone its even better !! And nothing really got in the box through all different kinds of trails and racing around

[quote:skpy3c3m]thats funny...youll spend more money fixing it cause its sucking in dirt rather than buying a clamp on

If you put the drop-in filter in correctly it won't suck in any dirt.[/quote:skpy3c3m]

A drop in filter will never seal the way it should, except maybe on a brand new machine.

They are justa poor design.

[quote:2y92dh1b]

If you put the drop-in filter in correctly it won't suck in any dirt.

A drop in filter will never seal the way it should, except maybe on a brand new machine.

They are justa poor design.[/quote:2y92dh1b]

The UNI 2 stage filters use the same core as the stock filter, but they come with new foam seals that are a thick foam rubber, instead of the crappy stuff the stock seal is made of. I had a hell of a time wedging mine in, so I know it's a tight seal, and air won't flow through this kind of foam like it will with the stock stuff.

cut should work good, but i prefer to just by a clamp on filter and not worry about dirt goin into my motor at all, but dats just me

I forgot about the Uni 2 Stage filter.

I guess I was only thinking of the K&N type with the hard plastic seal.

With that type, you might as well run without a filter.

Back