My Corona Build 1988

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Only sell sprocket guards that the white peice space from sprocket. You won't be able to run you orm chain guide. They dont fo anything anyware. $100 shipped. I'd need to turn a few more I'm out right now

Not much is comming in right now. My nerf bars are back ordered 4weeks. My partzilla order which everything was in stock has not shown up in 3 weeks or left yet....im very close to firing it up. I did as much raptor 350 clutch cable conversion as i could. I do need to get some metal/rubber loop clamps to keep the cable off the motor. Resized_20200715_181952.jpeg

Heres how I kept the raptor 350 clutch cable off motor and header. Used two 3/8" metal rubber clamps. $1.50 at hardware store. The raptor 350 had a tap welded to frame to help keep it inline I saw on frames. 20200718_154923.jpg20200718_154930.jpg20200718_154942.jpg

Stock, the ones that's on it. It's a warrior and it's my old man trail toy with my daughter so she dont need to hear noise right now

Awesome , if u do happen to know abit about exhausts let me know what ya suggest

I built my own from oem dirtbike mufflers, not crazy loud, pretty cheap and always has the passes noise db regulations for any parks not that I ride in parks. I still have my 2020 kx250f muffler which I'll fab over winter regardless if I keep it or not

parts still wont show up anytime soom so I ordered mandrel bent tubing for my muffler project. Gonna hack it all up in a few days hopefully unless it's like everything else, hurry up and wait. I started with a toilet paper tubes for model mock up.

Took some 1.50" dia cardboard I had from getting some 4140 bar in for work and cut it in sections. I ended up cone piping the bends to get the flow I felt was good. That's my template until my mandrel pipe bends and stright peices come in. I ended up using my original conversion bracket and spacers since my measurements for muffler tip were nearly on the money with the OEM mufflers dimension, the part that stuck past the rear fender. Looks if I work from both ends i can meet in the middle and this projects done. My mock up took 2 hours since there was alot of try this wait now try that. I bought 1.75" OD x .065 wall so it's a perfect slip fit over my oem header. Once finished all will be high temp powder coated. 20200722_191348.jpg20200722_191332.jpg20200722_191316.jpg20200722_191258.jpg

Had some time since I took a day off from riding. 92 here. Got a coke slushie and tore into rear of witeharness I redid to remove all the reverse & neutral wiring not needed. Just waiting my pipe to slow up to finish that. Carb is in and raptor clutch stuff I redid my routing again. The shortness of the raptor cable is what makes it a very normal easy pull. Until next time girl scouts.

Had an idea to keep the raptor ckuch cable away from everything. I build this bracket today over my break. It's been coated black to blend in but it wont g20200728_180215.jpg20200728_180141.jpgo anyware.

Cut up all my pipe today. Everything ready for mondays weld job. 2 sections then double check and all weld together. Stay tuned girl scouts

Almost done. Taking it to work Thursday to finish the welds to connect muffler and the mid pipe bracket holder I made. Next in the bracket I made convert to 2nd gen hood with out using wire ties which was my 1st idea. I had welded in the frame cross tube for more support and future tie down point. Next thursday it goes to my buddy to jet and dial in...I have better things to do like run two companies and build my next mini toy to ride with my kid around yard...1987 yfm80 I got for two cases of beer20200804_162514.jpg20200804_151843.jpg

Took it to normaly shopt to jet. Buddy called me saying he cant get power to anything since he saw i didnt have a clutch switch. I knew where I had burried it in the harness and remembered I did not plug both ends of the harness into each other to complete the curcuit. Also remebered I never put any of the neutral wiring back on it or the reverse stuff down to the motor. Since he didnt have the schematic and had 13 motors sitting around to rebuild I went to grab it back and put the wiring back on. He put oil in it and bleed at the breaks. I fired it up and about 30 seconds later I turned it off.

Heads all new rebuild, cylinder is all new bore, cranks all new, rods new with all bushing bearings, cam chain and sprocket all new. It honestly sounds like a loud sandy grinding deisel....so weird. I can turn everything over by hand its smooth and nothing binding. It's going back to him monday or tuesday.

After while of guy at shop messing with things, he found my 65T starer gear was binding on the flywheel. A gear that was not binding before rebuild was binding after rebuild. Odd, however we both since the 1st owners kid was in there putting possibly chineese replacements in...cant verify since i do not have duplicate parts chineese and OEM to compair agaist. Either way the fix was to mill down my 65T gear so it would not bind and create a metal squeal. Not 1st motor ive even fully rebuild not not the 1st time either. It only needed about .010 off the back of the gear which leads me to belive it was chineese since I did replace an idler gear inside there which had 3 broken teeth off so normaly 1 gear just does not break, both could.

Ive been rideing a 87 YFM80 in the mean time...not very comfortable but fun!

Dont buy chineese parts, BUY OEM. Tolerances matter.

Road it sunday in coal country climbing hills...posted it FS after i loaded it up, Sold it tuesday night for $3200....time to find another one and build! Stupid easy machine to work on!

Attachments

• 12.jpg
    12.jpg
    538 KB · Views: 12
Back