My Corona Build 1988

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
started on max ground clearance skid plate with rotor guard built in. few more peices to cut the design is done. Was going to lazer cut it but kept changing the profile so band saw and scrib.1.jpeg2.jpeg3.jpeg4.jpeg5.jpeg

Ended up abandonding the KX250F muffler on this project. I did not like the angles that were all needed to get this to flow. Ended up almost needing an S bend to get it in and that won't do me any good for flow. I had my OEM muffler high temp powder coated and will call this a day. It's just a trail machine so not being heard in the woods will be the goal now. 3.jpegFinishing up te skid plate this week.

Ended up abandonding the KX250F muffler on this project. I did not like the angles that were all needed to get this to flow. Ended up almost needing an S bend to get it in and that won't do me any good for flow. I had my OEM muffler high temp powder coated and will call this a day. It's just a trail machine so not being heard in the woods will be the goal now. View attachment 4392Finishing up te skid plate this week.
Nice

Thanks. My roll design pegs are done, got the carb and some other junk on. Few more things. 3.jpeg

About finished my skid plate/rotor guard. This plate hangs down maybe 1/2"... I wanted to run a route guard but also needed to protect the yamaha chain adjusters. Used a cardboard template 1st. 1/4" 6061 t6 alum with 3/8 welded to the rotor ride so rocks bash that 1st. Have 1 more peice to cut and weld on for the sprocket side. Not nech left to do but the little bit pick things until battery comes. I'm ready for the next project...I'd like to build a fl350 buggy 4 stroker.20200624_190423.jpg

Tear brake clevis was worn out..I fidbt catch it and I didn't have any aftermarket ckevises at house. Since it was powder coated I drilled it out to 23/64 abs turned a new larger dia pin. Problem solved fir the next number of years. I hate a brake pedal that moves 1/2" until you start to spot. Working on carb next. Ordered oem dual cable since I can still get them. I have a different gke style also and bought a zoom zoom.carb when I bought their upper motor mounts. Figured I could rob parts between both styles and have a good working carb. Zoom zoom is def different then oem dual cable carb. It felt tougher to push throttle also so i spent the $90 for a new oem cable. My oem carb im swaping out phillips for Allen's. Zoom zoom carb has really cheap screws in it. Didnt expect much for $35 or so it cost. I can sell it later to somone who does not care about quality locally. Im just very anal anymore. I need to sonic clean my oem 20200625_172753.jpgcarb.

Skid plate is totaly done. Check out this protection / clearance! Modified head light guard is back at powder coated since I needed to move some mounts. Ordered my last round of OEM parts/hardware. Starting to look like somthing I thought was cool as a kid. Next area frame skid plate. Don't see any 13.jpeg12.jpegfor 1s gens which is fine. 2nd gen will work if I cut the front off where the frame kicks up on the 2nd gens.

I'd like to find a set of the old angry eye light overs. I think that would really says I'm 90's. Some guy came last night for a huge parts lot I sold via facebook and he thought the machine was one of the last years. No new updates until my parts order shows up mid july so back to the basement project.

Brilliant build , what an achievement to do all on your own

Thanks. Its nothing crazy but anyone could do this with a bit of dedication and a brain that can think outside the box lol. I just build a simple trail machine to go slow with my daugher. I do think I will want to sell the front bumper and buy an oldschool DG style one. I'm really after that 90's time period. If i can ever find an uncracket set of black OEM front fenders I'll snag them also. I really liked the 2002 look of the two toned yamahas.

just bought all the OEM parts new to convert over to raptor 350 clutch lever. The clutch pull on the warrior was rather firm even afer a new clutch was put in, using old OEM springs new clutch perch and cable. Not bad but nothing like my other machines so I bought all the parts to convert it since I sold off a part lots of atc350x stuff to keep funding the build...it just does not stop. Hope to get the sonic cleaned carb together tonight and in place by the weekend.

Yup it doesnt I'm almost done with my raptor 350cc just waiting for a starter plunger n I should be all done. Hopefully

Ultrasonic cleaner did not impress me. My buddy did it with purple power but it seemed to not thrn out much better then my conventional way of slow boiling carb in water and adding dawn dish soap with vinegar. My way wont strip plating off things. I gave him a pile of screws to see what it would do. I replace Phillip's with Allen's anyway on every machine I get. The youtube vids are over rated on these things I feel. Either ways its double cleaned, then soaked in wd40 bath then washed in warm water and soap then everything sprayed in wd40 so its lubed til it's running. This carb was never messed with, I may need to tweaked jetting with bumping up compression. Soon finished for now. My 4x4 build needs to get started by dec or I'm out next year on a big bore for myself.

More issues. unable to get myself a dual throttle cable I ended up buying a 2002 OEM warrior carb since I have a new motion pro single throttle cable. Now with 3 carbs I should be able to make 1 good one. I will not be ultra sonic cleaning the 2002. Going back to my old ways. Ended up canceling my partzilla order since some things were 6 weeks out. Paid more on ebay to get things in a week. 6 weeks from now this thing better be running and riding.

Took my 3 carbs and made 1 good one. Got my 02 carb today. Things were a tad sloppy with linkages. So I ripped into the Chinese carb...I could def see where they skimped but where they did not. I ended up using 88 accelerator pump and bowl stuff, 02 upper and jets, Chinese linkages were build stronger and better with nicer delrin pivots so I use them. 3 carbs to make 1 super smooth one, and I mean its smoot! I'll sell the extras off. Chinese had skimmed on one wear washers and had harder springs, which is fine 8f you just dont care about performance or are a yard rider. Was well worth the 2 hours to pull all the best parts from 3 carbs.

Got my LED lights on the modified light housing. Now it looks like a warrior. Need more items to show up yet.20200710_210508.jpg20200710_185513.jpg

My design rotor guard is for what rotor I run, trx250r. Yamaha rotors are huge and I thru mine away. Sprocket guards are $100 each shipped

Back