My 1998 Wolverine

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

merky161

Reaction score
Warn 424
Hot cams stage 1
Ported and polished
Wiseco pistons
Dyno jet kit
Bored .030 over
Full DG exhaust
Modified Air box
Venon 3000 lbs winch, not yet installed

DSC_4699.jpg

DSC_4700.jpg

SSPX0121.jpg

SSPX0122.jpg

Looks good man. How much do you thing you gained with the more internal motorwork? Such as the port/polish/bore... I have considered it for mine, but haven't jumped because IDK if it would be worth the work to get it all done when you weigh the gains vs. the cost.

I've gained alot of bottom end torque, was having problems with the jetting but I think I got it right now. One thing with the hot cams is it runs hotter. I just put on 26 inch swamplites and it turns them with no problem!! I'll post a new pic with the new tires.

Sweet man, can't wait to see it with the 26" Swamp Lites. They were my #2 choice for tires when I built mine, sometimes I wonder if I woulda been better off with them.

Interested to see what you think of 'em ;)

Wow, those are some meaty tires now you just need a nice set of ITP rims to finish it off.

Btw, what size tires came with your 98? I have an 07 and they are 23 inch. Seems like the 23s are kind of an oddball size so I've considered moving up but a friend of mine with a grizzly was running oversized tires and broke an axle...yes he was horsing around, cookies I think, but I do that on mine all the time and never had any issues.

That looks pretty good man, update us in a little while and let us know how they hold up to different riding.

I believe that all Wolverines come stock with 23" tires. I bought mine with 25" and decided to step up to the 26" because it had decent power with the 25's and I was adding the pipe/intake/jets and piston.

Yea they came with 23 inch tires. Just got back from the trails. WOW! these tires are awesome in the mud. The added ground clearence from the stock 23 inches is nice.

Ground clearance is invaluable and can not be beat. I might try to find a set of these tires and throw them on the stock rims to use for regular wheeling on mine and keep the Mudlite's for straight mudding. Wife gave a nasty look when I was power braking with the Mudlites in the garage, going to have to burn off the old tires first I guess :badgrin:

Good to hear you are liking your choice, I will probably live to regret mine, but that is life. Live and learn.

Latest posts

Back