My 01 build

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
that button plug that plugs into the clutch perch on the bars there is also one plugged into the hand brake too

Last edited:
I unplugged the wires and it works but kill switch still won't work. Maybe time for a new one

Goof up on my end. Had that one plugged into the kill switch wire. It's bn a long day.

I was just gonna mention that cause my boy did that and couldn't figure it out until I seen the wires were different

I think I hurt my motor. I went to adjust mixture screw and couldn't reach it the screw so I took carb off. When I put it bk on I kinked throttle cable so when I fired it up it screamed wide open for about 10 secs. Kill switch wouldn't shut it off ( due to me wiring wrong) I had to shut fuel off and let it burn out. Had just a few flakes in oil filter after first two break ins,but I'm leaking oil out of cam cover and exhaust valve cover. Like oring isn't holding. :-/

Okay, first off, the Hotcams valve lash is too large. Adjust to .004". Second, if you put aftermarket O-rings in the cam and valve covers, they may be smaller then factory. I've had this issue with the Cometic O-rings, and had to squeeze a bead of rtv over them when installing the covers. Third, you probably didn't damage anything far as the engine screaming for only 10 seconds. Next time, just turn off the ignition switch, lol.

Okay, first off, the Hotcams valve lash is too large. Adjust to .004". Second, if you put aftermarket O-rings in the cam and valve covers, they may be smaller then factory. I've had this issue with the Cometic O-rings, and had to squeeze a bead of rtv over them when installing the covers. Third, you probably didn't damage anything far as the engine screaming for only 10 seconds. Next time, just turn off the ignition switch, lol.

I had same problem with Cometic O-rings. Switched back to OEM.

adjust both to .004? I thought .013 and .015 was a bit large but it was my first time doing it. I hit the kill switch but I had it wired wrong. had it wired into the clutch safety wire so nothing happened and didn't know it till just a few mins ago. I installed the orings that came with my kit. ill run some rtv around it tomorrow.

I'm running a little rich. But doesn't bogg
3edame2y.jpg

Will play with jetting soon. I need to hit the trails soon. Been a while

I haven't had time to even start it up again :-( Been traveling for work. Getting ready to hit up some Brazil.

Last edited:
Hoping to start up bruiser this weekend. If work will allow me. Also thinking of going white plastics instead of the black

Last edited:
FINALLY got to play a bit today. Changed main jet from 185 to 180 and runs much better.

Last edited:
For sale in classifieds

Last edited:
Back