Motor ID

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Skylineaj

Reaction score
Hey all, i just bought a 2004? Warrior with engine in pieces, after ordering sone parts ive come to realize that i dont think the engine is from the same yr, i have the serial number but cant find any details on what yr motor i have any help would be appreciated, honestly feel like im wasting money on parts for the wrong motor

warrior motor cases are same for all years 87-04. about only thing to change was wiring and frame on 1st gens.87-88

Ok so mechanically they are all the same but by my shop manual shows electrical circuits are different, i have circuit diagrams for 87, 88, 89, 90-96, 97-01, 02-04, and 04-13(raptor) im not really sure how to tell what wire whip i need, i bought a stator for an 04 and its definetly not the right one

mechanical parts are the same, electronics can change. anything can used and swamped over as long as are from like year are used.

So if i can get the correct yr off the frame that should be what electronic setup i have correct? Sry bud im kinda newish to the small engine game and never been this deep into one, i only paid $100 for it and figured during all this virus BS itd be a good project

Hey all, i just bought a 2004? Warrior with engine in pieces, after ordering sone parts ive come to realize that i dont think the engine is from the same yr, i have the serial number but cant find any details on what yr motor i have any help would be appreciated, honestly feel like im wasting money on parts for the wrong motor
I wanted to share a similar situation, bought what the vin number on the frame says its a 98 Warrior but when I ordered an oil pump and ignition switch online what showed up made me wonder if the motor was not the original, so Im in the same boat, how to determine if motor and chassis are a match

I wanted to share a similar situation, bought what the vin number on the frame says its a 98 Warrior but when I ordered an oil pump and ignition switch online what showed up made me wonder if the motor was not the original, so Im in the same boat, how to determine if motor and chassis are a match
From what ive researched and tooled around forums most engines mechanically are the same, its the electrical thats changed yr to yr, so im just running 00-04 electrical components and whip, will update on any advances man

Back